Easy Leftover Turkey Recipes that go way beyond a leftover turkey sandwich! We're sharing dozens of delicious ways to use Thanksgiving leftovers from leftover turkey casserole and turkey pot pie to turkey tetrazzini, leftover turkey tacos, and more!
Using up holiday leftovers, or really any leftovers, can sometimes seem like a chore. It's boring to eat the same thing two or three days in a row, right? After all, there are only so many turkey sandwiches you can eat!
That's why I'm sharing a slew of yummy and easy recipes using leftover turkey! From casseroles to soups and even appetizers and snacks, we've got loads of delicious recipes for you to choose from.
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions (and answers!) readers often ask about the best way to handle leftover turkey.
Freshly cooked turkey will last about 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Yes, leftover turkey can be frozen.
Here's how: remove the turkey from the bones. Then, wrap the turkey in plastic wrap, then a layer of aluminum foil. Slide that package into a freezer bag. Be sure to label!
Cooked frozen turkey will last in the freezer for 3-4 months.
Our Favorite Leftover Turkey Recipes
If you love chicken pot pie, then this turkey pot pie is the perfect way to use up not only the rest of the meat from your Thanksgiving meal, but also veggies like carrots, corn, and potatoes. Wrap some pie crust or puff pastry dough and you're ready to enjoy your turkey in a new way!
Another of my favorite ways to use leftovers is by making turkey chili. Instead of ground beef, use leftover white and dark meat. Add your favorite toppings like cheese, sour cream, and sliced jalapenos, and serve with leftover rolls for a meal the whole family will love.
More Chili Recipes
Our turkey chili recipe has beans, but if you're not a fan of beans you can omit them or try one of our other recipes.
I love a good turkey sandwich, but fresh turkey beats deli turkey any day! My husband's favorite turkey sandwich is slices of turkey breast with leftover cranberry sauce - it's one of his favorite things about holiday meals and leftovers!
More Sandwich Recipes
Our Chicken Stuffing Bake can easily be made with turkey instead of chicken, and it's one of the best ways to use up leftover stuffing. It's a delicious and easy meal you can have on the dinner table in 35 minutes!
More Casserole Recipes
Caesar Salad from Juggling Act Mama - Instead of chicken, add leftover diced turkey and serve with romaine and parmesan. You can even use leftover bread or rolls ro make your own croutons to go with it.
In fact, you could replace the chicken with turkey leftovers in any one of these yummy salads:
More Easy Turkey Leftover Recipe Ideas
With so many delicious and easy leftover turkey recipes, I've broken these yummy recipes down into categories for you. I know you're going to love this list of recipes for leftover turkey!
Main Dish Recipes
You can substitute leftover turkey meat in just about any recipe that calls for shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken. There are so many delicious ways to use up your Thanksgiving turkey to make a full meal for another night with minimal cooking!
Leftover Turkey Casserole from Dinner Then Dessert.
Everyone knows that Thanksgiving leftovers doesn't just mean leftover turkey meat!
When it comes to comfort food, you can't get much better than creamy casseroles, and this one will help take care of leftover veggies like carrots and green beans, and even your turkey gravy!
- Turkey Lasagna from Our Wabi Sabi Life (above)
- Turkey Enchilada Casserole from This Mama Cooks
- Tetrazzini Casserole with Leftover Turkey from Dancing Through the Rain
- Turkey Thai Curry from Simply Stacie
- Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini from Lil'Luna
- Leftover Turkey Tacos from Tacos Don't Go Bacon My Heart
- Creamy Turkey Casserole from Spend with Pennies
- Leftover Turkey Shepherd’s Pie from Jo Cooks
After a big Thanksgiving dinner, maybe you're looking for a healthier option or lighter portions. Salads with turkey are a great way to do just that.
- Greek Salad with Turkey from SummerYule (above)
- Crunchy Turkey Salad from Recipes from a Pantry
- Leftover Cranberry Turkey Salad from My Therapist Cooks
- Mexican Turkey Garbanzo Bean Salad from Flavor Mosaic
You can make our rotisserie chicken salad using turkey, which is great for salads and sandwiches, too.
Sandwiches and Sliders
What's not to love about a quick turkey sandwich?! Here are a few more leftover ideas that will make lunchtime (or midnight snacks) quick and easy.
- Turkey Cranberry Grilled Cheese from Sparkles to Sprinkles (above)
- Bacon Turkey Bravo Sandwich from Cooking with Curls
- Turkey Pesto Panini Sandwich from Juggling Act Mama
- Turkey and Cheese Sliders from The Fresh Cooky
Soups & Chowders
While leftover turkey soup might seem like one of the only options, there are loads of leftover recipes for making soup, stews, chowders, and more.
- Turkey Chowder with Corn from Bowl Me Over (above)
- Moroccan Turkey Stew from Recipes from a Pantry
- Leftover Slow Cooker Turkey Noodle Soup from Persnickety Plates
- Turkey Wild Rice Soup from This Gal Cooks
- Thai Turkey Soup from Salt and Lavender
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup from Culinary Hill
Learn How to Make Turkey Stock from Little Sunny Kitchen.
Make the most of your leftovers - including the turkey carcass! It's a great way to use up all of your leftover bird.
Appetizers, Snacks, and More
From pizza and empanadas to nachos, there's so much you can do with turkey to make fun snacks! These are perfect for a weekend full of football and eating in front of the TV.
- Thanksgiving Leftover Pizza The Stay at Home Chef
- Leftover Turkey Hand Pies from Carmy
- Turkey Empanadas from Practically Homemade
- Leftover Turkey Sheet Pan Nachos from Create Yum
- Buffalo Turkey Pizza from Erica's Recipes (above)
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Quesadilla from The Cookie Rookie
- Holiday Leftover Turkey Hash from Boulder Locavore
You can also use your turkey to make Buffalo chicken inspired dishes! Find tons of Buffalo chicken recipes.
Which tasty recipe will you be trying first? Leave a comment below - I absolutely LOVE hearing from you!