Treat your overnight holiday guests to an impressive (yet oh-so-easy!) breakfast with this mouth-watering make ahead Pumpkin French Toast Casserole! Your whole house will smell divine when you make this for Thanksgiving breakfast or Christmas brunch.
Is there anything better than the feeling of waking up to a delicious breakfast already made for you? That’s exactly how you’ll feel when you make this Pumpkin French Toast Casserole. You can make this the night before in no time! Christmas morning is my absolute favorite morning of the year, but I just want to enjoy the morning, not spend all my time in the kitchen. That’s why this is the perfect make ahead dish for your holiday morning.
Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
Here’s how easy it is to make this delicious Pumpkin French Toast Casserole for your n ext holiday breakfast or brunch:
1 loaf Raisin Bread, broken into chunks and dried
¼ cup Pumpkin Butter
2 cups Milk
½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
½ cup Cranberries, dried
½ cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
1. Place ¾ of the dried bread into a greased, 13 x 9 baking pan
2. In another bowl, combine milk, eggs, pumpkin butter and spices
3. Sprinkle the cranberries over the dried bread
4. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and push the bread down into the mixture with a spoon. If you
need the last ¼ of dried bread to absorb the excess egg mixture, add it now.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight
6. Preheat oven to 350
7. Uncover the dish and sprinkle the nuts over top if you are using them
8. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the bread.
9. Bake for approximately 35 – 40 minutes.
10. Let cool slightly after removing from the oven. Serve with syrup and a sprinkle of nuts if you wish.
Love this idea but not a fan of Pumpkin? Try our Eggnog French Toast Bake instead: