Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake Balls make a wonderful hostess gift!
If you like pumpkin spice, you’re going to love these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake Balls! They are a deliciously decadent treat that’s perfect for Fall, and great for Thanksgiving.
Pumpkin is one of my most favorite Fall flavors. Say what you will about the over commercialization of it, but you cannot deny that it’s a good flavor combination in the right foods! These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake Truffles are perfect for showcasing the pumpkin spice flavors. This is a semi-homemade recipe that looks and tastes impressive. It’s a great gift idea for friends and family, and makes a lovely addition to your Thanksgiving dessert table, too! This recipe makes a great big batch, so it’s perfect to divide if you have a couple of stops on Thanksgiving day.
Taking a bite of these pumpkin cream cheese cake balls is an experience! There’s crack of the white chocolate and then the dense texture of the spice cake and cream cheese frosting with the pumpkin puree in the middle. It’s sweet and creamy and full of those warm Fall spices all at the same time. Using pumpkin puree and cream cheese instead of frosting means that these pumpkin cake balls aren’t too sweet. It’s just the right combination of Fall flavors!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake Balls Grocery List
This post contains affiliate links; we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too! For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy. I am including some links below to products I used to make our pumpkin cream cheese cake balls.
- boxed pumpkin spice cake mix
- pumpkin puree
- cream cheese
- half and half
- Wilton White Candy Melts
- ground cinnamon
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake Balls
This recipe makes about 48-50 cake balls. Here’s how to make luscious Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake Truffles:
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake Balls
- 1 spice cake mix + ingredients as per box
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons half and half
- 1 bag white chocolate candy melts
- Ground Cinnamon for garnish
- Prepare and bake the cake according to directions on the box for a 9x13 cake. Let the cake cool completely.
- Add the cream cheese, half and half and pumpkin puree to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat the ingredients until the come together.
- Slice the cake into 10 pieces. With the mixer on the lowest setting, drop the cake pieces into the mixer one at a time. Take care not to overmix. You want the mixture to just come together.
- Roll 1-inch balls of the mixture and set them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Line a second baking sheet with parchment paper for the dipped cake balls.
- Melt the chocolate according to the directions on the package. Using a fork, dip the cake ball into the chocolate. Gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Using a toothpick, gently slide the cake ball off the fork onto the parchment paper. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Repeat until all the cake balls have been dipped.
- Refrigerate the cake balls for 1 hour to allow the chocolate to harden. Serve chilled.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Did you make a recipe? I’d love if you’d tag @jugglingactmama on Instagram so I can see it!
Tips for Using Candy Melts
- Carefully read the instructions on the back of the package before you begin.
- I love this 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set – the smallest (1 quart) bowl is perfect for melting chocolate.
- Use a spoonula like the one in this Silicone Spatula Set to mix the chocolate.
- Handle the bowl and the chocolate with care. These are very hot when melted.
- Work quickly because the chocolate becomes more difficult to handle as it cools.
- Always be sure to supervise children around hot melted chocolate.
- If the chocolate seizes up and won’t melt smoothly, toss it. There’s no way to save it unfortunately.
My Favorite Tools for Making Cake Balls:
These make a lovely little gift. Grab some glassine bags and bakers twine to make up little gift packages for friends and family just like this:
Serve these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake Balls with our Creamy Pumpkin Hot Cocoa for a rich and luscious treat! The cocoa and cake balls really compliment one another and make a really elegant after-dinner sweet treat. (For the grown ups, add a splash of Grand Marnier or Amaretto to your pumpkin hot cocoa – it’s delicious!)
Thanksgiving Make Ahead Tip
I love that these are easy enough to make ahead. I make the cake and roll all the cake balls a day or two ahead. They’ll keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The dipping process can take a little time, but don’t worry, this can also be done ahead of time. The pumpkin cream cheese cake balls will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator once they are dipped. I recommend putting them in an airtight container, not a plastic bag. You don’t want to cover them with plastic wrap either. The chocolate coating is best when it is not touching anything.
Want More Fun Fall Ideas?
You might also like these fun Fall pumpkin ideas this Fall:
More Great Pumpkin Recipes
If you love pumpkin, you’ll want to check out these other delicious recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies – Simply Whisked
- Easy Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dip – The Melrose Family
- Pumpkin Pie Brownies – Unicorns in the Kitchen