Cranberry Egg Nog French Toast Bake can be assembled the night before making it perfect for the holidays! Creamy egg nog and tart cranberies make this a decadent and flavorful breakfast.
There's nothing I love more than waking up Christmas morning and enjoying the magic of the day with my children. This is also great for Thanksgiving morning!
What I don't want to do is spend a whole bunch of time in the kitchen. A little planning goes a long way and everyone will love this decadent baked french toast!
On Christmas Eve, I cut up some fresh fruit and make some muffins. Then I prep this Cranberry French Toast Bake - it's perfect to make the day before.
On Christmas morning, we snack on fruit and muffins, while we open stockings and this delicious breakfast casserole bakes.
- brown sugar
- maple syrup
- challa bread
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- egg nog
- fresh cranberries
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (optional)
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
I just love serving this as part of a holiday brunch spread, too.
Here are a few more ideas you might like:
- Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Sangria Recipe
- Bacon Puff Pastry Twists
- Cranberry Orange Bread
Related: Pineapple Cranberry Smoothie
Cranberry Egg Nog French Toast Bake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Large bowl
- Bread Knife
- Sauce Pan
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 loaf Challa bread Cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups egg nog
- 1 cup cranberries fresh, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar optional
- Grease a 9 x 13″ baking dish with butter and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and maple syrup.1 stick butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Arrange half the bread cubes over the brown sugar mixture.1 loaf Challa bread
- Sprinkle half of the fresh cranberries over the bread.1 cup cranberries
- Place the remaining bread cubes into the dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and mix in the Egg Nog, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract.1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, 8 eggs, 2 cups egg nog, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Evenly pour the custard mixture over the bread cubes.
- Gently press down on the bread to make sure it’s all coated.
- Sprinkle the remaining cranberries over the top of the dish.1 cup cranberries
- Tightly cover baking dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight, at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
- Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 375-degrees F and remove foil.
- Bake uncovered until a knife inserted in the center of casserole is clean (and mostly dry) and top is puffy and golden brown. This will vary from 10-20 minutes depending on how hot your oven cooks.
- Dust on powdered sugar if desired and serve warm.powdered sugar
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.