This delicious Cranberry Egg Nog French Toast Bake is perfect for the holidays. Prep it the night before, then relax and enjoy your morning while this bakes!
Thank you to Oakhurst for sponsoring today’s creamy delicious mocha milk recipe. I am an Oakhurst #SoWorthIt Brand Ambassador. As always, all opinions are my own. Please also note that this post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure policy for more information.
There's nothing I love more than waking up Christmas morning and enjoying the magic of the day with my children. What I don't want to do is spend a whole bunch of time in the kitchen. A little planning goes a long way!
On Christmas Eve, I cut up some fresh fruit and make some muffins. Then I prep this Cranberry Egg Nog French Toast Bake - it's perfect to prep ahead. Christmas morning we can snack on fruit and muffins, while we open stockings and this delicious breakfast casserole bakes.
Cranberry Egg Nog French Toast Bake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Sauce Pan
- Large bowl
- 1 stick butter I use Oakhurst
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 loaf Challa bread Cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups egg nog I prefer Oakhurst egg nog
- 1 cup cranberries fresh, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar optional
- Grease a 9 x 13″ baking dish with butter and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Arrange half the bread cubes over the brown sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle half of the fresh cranberries over the bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and mix in the Egg Nog, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Evenly pour the custard mixture over the bread cubes.
- Gently press down on the bread to make sure it’s all coated.
- Sprinkle the remaining cranberries over the top of the dish.
- Tightly cover baking dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight, at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
- Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 375-degrees F and remove foil.
- Bake uncovered until a knife inserted in the center of casserole is clean (and mostly dry) and top is puffy and golden brown. This will vary from 10-20 minutes depending on how hot your oven cooks.
- Dust on powdered sugar if desired and serve warm.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.