This Cranberry Butter is perfect for the holidays! I love making my own flavored compound butters. They are just so easy, and yet impressive.
This time of year, it's nice to have a few small things on hand for hostess gifts and this is one you can literally whip together in no time and keep in the refrigerator for about two weeks.
Make up two or three ahead of time and just grab one on your way out the door. Add a fresh loaf of local bread or some tasty crackers and a pretty ribbon and you've got a thoughtful little gift.
This delicious recipe is one of our 50+ Best Thanksgiving Recipes!
- unsalted butter
- whole cranberry sauce
- sea salt
This is meant to be a brief overview of this great recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below.
Note: Recipe will fill one 4oz jar.
- Combine the room-temperature butter with honey and cranberry sauce.
- Whip with an electric mixer or hand mixer until well combined.
- Transfer to a jar.
Scoop out the butter mixture with a rubber spatula and fill your jar. Wipe the rims, and seal the jar tightly. Wrap them with the parchment paper and twine or wait until you’re ready to hand them out.
More Cranberry Recipes
- Cranberry French Toast Casserole
- Cranberry Sangria
- Pineapple Cranberry Smoothie
- Cranberry Monkey Bread
You'll also love this brown sugar compound butter, which I really love serving with Pumpkin Bread and Sweet Potato Rolls. Maple Butter and Honey Butter are also delicious sweet compound butter recipes.
This holiday season, consider making a butter board with this cranberry butter. Sprinkle a few fresh or dried cranberries on top, maybe some chopped walnuts or pecans, and serve with crackers and toast points.
If you're entertaining for Thanksgiving, use your cranberry butter and make pretty little butter rosettes.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ½ stick butter room temperature
- ¼ cup whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- Sea Salt
- 4 oz mason jar
- dainty glass spoon or wood spreader knife
- parchment paper and twine for wrapping
- Using the paddle attachment on your electric mixer, combine the softened butter with the cranberry sauce, honey and salt. Whip together until fully incorporated, about 2 minutes.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
More Compound Butter Recipes
If you like making your own butter spreads, try one of these delicious savory compound butter recipes: