You'll love these easy meals that start with cream soup and leftover chicken! Cream soup is like a magic wand in the kitchen - especially when it comes to getting meals on the table fast!
Some of the best chicken casserole recipes use condensed cream of chicken soup. The great thing is that many of these cream soups are interchangeable in casserole recipes.
- Save this Article
- Our Favorite Casseroles
- 1. Chicken Pasta Bake
- 2. Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 3. Chicken Broccoli Pasta Bake
- 4. Chicken Stuffing Casserole
- 5. Ro-Tel Chicken Spaghetti
- 6. Sausage and Potato Casserole
- More Casseroles with Cream Soup
- Tips for Delicious Casseroles
- Easy Make-Ahead Pulled Chicken
- How to Make Homemade Cream Soup
- More Casserole Recipes
- 💬 Comments
There are so many great flavors of cream soup including cream of chicken, cream of celery, cream of mushroom, and my personal favorite, cream of potato.
In this post, we'll highlight some of our most favorite casseroles using cream of chicken soup and other cream soups.
Our Favorite Casseroles
Not only are these recipes with cream soup delicious, but they are super simple and affordable, too! All of these recipes can be made with any type of cream soup you prefer.
This tasty casserole starts with shredded chicken breasts mixed into a creamy sauce made from sour cream, shredded cheeses, and - of course - cream soup.
I like to use my own homemade cream soup substitute, but you can use cream of chicken, cream of celery, or cream of mushroom in this recipe.
Add a layer of bread crumbs on top for amazing crunch! I use crushed ritz crackers or panko bread crumbs. You could also use crispy fried onions on top.
With mixed veggies, shredded chicken, egg noodles, and lots of cheese, this chicken casserole is super easy to put together.
You can use cream of mushroom soup, or any other cream soup to make this easy chicken noodle casserole the whole family will love.
This is one of my favorite weeknight recipes. It's so quick and easy and everyone gobbles it up!
Cream of chicken soup works great in this dish, along with the cream cheese. Cream of chicken mushroom soup is tasty, too.
Either way, sautee onions and fresh garlic which I stir into the soup. Then, I add a little bit of onion powder and some thyme for extra flavor.
If broccoli isn't your favorite veggie, try adding green beans or artichoke hearts to the dish.
This is one of my family favorites - my mother-in-law in particular loves this chicken casserole with cream soup!
Creamy soups - mushroom, celery, chicken, or potato make this comfort food dish so tasty! I just doctor it up with some sour cream, a little bit of garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
With a mixture of cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and condensed cream soup, this chicken spaghetti with diced tomatoes and chilies really couldn't be more simple!
This is a great recipe to make with leftover rotisserie chicken, so it's a great last-minute dinner. It's an easy meal that is ready in just 30 minutes!
While this family dinner doesn't use chicken, I had to include it because it is the first casserole dish with cream soup I learned to make.
My mom has been making this recipe for more than 40 years and always uses cream of potato soup.
Sausage and Potato Casserole is a great make-ahead meal and freezes great.
Honestly, this is one of the most delicious casseroles I have ever eaten. It's creamy with a little bit of spiciness from the sausage - so good!
More Casseroles with Cream Soup
Here are a few more easy casserole recipes we think you'd like.
- Gluten-Free Chicken and Rice Casserole from Cupcakes and Kale Chips - use cream of mushroom soup, or try a lightened up version with cream cheese, milk, and Greek yogurt.
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole from Kitchen Mosaic - if you like Tex-Mex, this is the creamy and cheesy recipe for you.
- Doritos Chicken Casserole from Fantabulosity - a comfort food dish that is not only easy but also it uses simple ingredients!
- French Onion Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole from A Fork's Tale - this creamy noodle dish is made with leftover chicken and cheddar cheese, then topped with crunchy french fried onions.
- Fiesta Chicken Pasta Casserole Bake from xoxo Bella - filled with chicken, pasta, corn, and beans, this Tex-Mex pasta bake is a great weeknight meal.
- Chicken Divan from Spend with Pennies - this easy chicken casserole recipe with broccoli and cheddar cheese is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Tips for Delicious Casseroles
- If your recipe calls for cooked pasta, be sure to cook it al dente so it still has a bite to it. This is especially important if your casserole needs to bake in the oven once assembled.
- Canned soups are a great idea if you're short on time, but you can also make your own cream soup.
- To make cream soup thinner, add a bit of chicken broth or milk.
Easy Make-Ahead Pulled Chicken
This super simple slow cooker pulled chicken recipe is a great time saver, and frugal, too. You can use this recipe with chicken breasts or chicken thighs.
How to Make Homemade Cream Soup
If you are having trouble finding your preferred cream soup at the grocery store, give this easy cream soup substitution a try!
More Casserole Recipes
Casseroles might just be the best way to get dinner on the table in a hurry! Try one of these other family favorite recipes:
- Cheesy Hamburger Casserole
- Taco Stuffed Shells
- Chicken Hashbrown Casserole
- Walking Taco Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
- Green Bean Casserole
Related: What to Serve with Chicken Casserole
Check out these delicious recipes for side dishes that will round out any creamy casserole dinner: