From soups and pasta to casseroles and skillet meals, you'll love this collection of delicious ground sausage recipes.
Get ready for 35+ amazing sausage recipes using breakfast sausage, sweet Italian sausage, hot Italian sausage, and more.
You're going to love this collection of tasty and easy recipes using different kinds of sausage.
Don't forget to also try our easy meatloaf with rotel made with ground beef and ground Italian sausage!
- 1. Sausage Potato Casserole
- 2. Pasta with Sausage and Broccolini
- 3. Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage
- 4. Italian Sausage Orzo
- 5. Pizza Casserole
- 6. Baked Ziti with Sausage
- 7. Slow Cooker Stuffed Shells with Sausage and Spinach
- 8. Ground Sausage Peppers and Onions Pasta
- 9. Potato Sausage Hand Pies
- 10. Zuppa Toscana
- 11. Italian Beef and Sausage Pie
- 12. Slow Cooker Sausage Chili
- 13. Italian White Bean Soup with Sausage Meatballs
- 14. Baked Cauliflower Gnocci
- 15. Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 16. Pasta in Creamy Sausage Sauce
- 17. Stuffed Tomatoes
- 18. Meat Lasagna
- 19. One Pan Turkey Sausage Tortellini
- 20. BBQ Sausage Sloppy Joes
- More Ground Sausage Recipes
- Tips for Cooking with Ground Sausage
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Recipes with Sausage
I love that ground sausage is a super versatile protein that I can use to make casseroles, pasta, and soup recipes. Plus, ground sausage is economical, too.
You can find ground sausage at your local butcher shop or at the grocery store. You can also buy link sausages and remove the casing.
With only 7 ingredients, this yummy meal feeds a crowd and is always a big hit.
I love the combination of the ricotta, mozzarella cheese, and spinach filling with the spicy sausage - so good!
Get the recipe at Persnickety Plates.
Related: Find more great weeknight recipes here.
With homemade Italian sausage meatballs, white beans, Parmesan cheese, spinach, and loads of spices and herbs, this is a cozy meal the whole family will love!
This is the perfect cozy meal for a cold winter day.
Get the recipe at The View from Great Island.
Here's another great keto or low carb recipe. Cauliflower gnocchi lightly sauted in olive oil is mixed with ground pork sausage, mozzarella, and garlic.
It's seasoned with red pepper flakes, oregano, and fresh basil for incredible Italian flavor.
Get the full recipe at Running to the Kitchen.
17. Stuffed Tomatoes
Whip up a white rice and sausage mixture and stuff it into tomatoes instead of peppers or zucchini! If you prefer, use brown rice, or even cauliflower rice. Add a little cheese and some breadcrumbs to the top and bake until golden brown for an easy dish the entire family will love.
Get the recipe at Dinner at the Zoo.
Grab some fresh cheese tortellini from the grocery store and get ready for a super easy weeknight dinner.
This skillet meal combines tomato sauce, chicken broth, and water to cook the tortellini in the same skillet you cook the sausage in - easy peasy!
Get the recipe from Cooking Classy.
More Ground Sausage Recipes
If you love cooking with ground sausage, you have to check out these other dishes that I know you will love!
While this is technically a breakfast recipe, nothing says you can't have breakfast for dinner! In fact, I serve this as much for dinner as I do for breakfast or brunch. I love that this isn't too eggy. It's cheesy and a little spicy from the ground sausage. The crisp tater tots on top are the best part.
23. Sausage Egg Cups
These sausage and cheese egg muffins are a great way to save time in the morning.
In addition to breakfast sausage, cheddar cheese, and eggs, you can add veggies like diced peppers, summer squash, or even a spoonful of salsa!
Here are a few more easy ground sausage recipes with simple ingredients:
24. Dirty Rice from Live Love Texas - awesome side dish!
25. Stovetop Sausage Mac and Cheese from Eating on a Dime - so much great flavor.
26. Italian Sausage Crescent Rolls Casserole from The Seasoned Mom - only 5 ingredients for this easy dinner!
27. Quick Italian Sausage Sandwich from Jonesin for a Taste - with ground sausage, peppers, and onions.
28. Italian Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza from A Sweet Pea Chef - a classic sausage recipe.
29. Sausage Pepper and Potatoes Skillet from Eat the Grains - easy cheesy one pan meal!
30. Taco Soup from Tastes Better From Scratch - stovetop, slow cooker, or Instant Pot instructions included.
Check out these delicious recipes perfect for parties and potlucks!
31. Original Sausage Balls from South Your Mouth
32. Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños from Lil'Luna
33. Sausage Queso Dip from Natasha's Kitchen
34. Sausage and Mozzarella Calzone from Pinch of Yum
35. Lasagna Dip from Jo Cooks
Tips for Cooking with Ground Sausage
✔️ Since sausage is naturally salty, take care not to add too much additional salt to your dish.
✔️ After browning ground sausage, drain the excess grease. You can do this by pouring the sausage into a colander over the sink. Run hot water in the sink to wash away the grease.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sausage is a great source of iron and vitamin B-12. Look for lean sausage and be sure to drain any excess grease.
Chicken sausage is leaner and has less sodium than pork sausage.
Place the ground sausage in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Break up the sausage and stir frequently so that the meat browns evenly, about 8-10 minutes.
Cooked sausage stored in an airtight container will last 4-5 days in the fridge.
While ground pork and ground sausage often look very similar, they are not the same thing.
Ground sausage is seasoned usually with fennel seed, garlic, black pepper, salt, and other ingredients.
Ground pork is unseasoned, just like ground beef.