I have been seeing adorable mini Apple Pies all over Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl. Trust me when I say that you're going to want to try these!
- ½ cup flour, heaping (don't level off)
- 1-½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 teaspoons butter, cut in half
- 1 refrigerator pie crust
This is meant to be a brief overview of the recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into a small dice.
- Mix the apples with the flour, sugars, and spices.
- Toss to coat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400-degrees, and spray a muffin tin with a baking spray. Set aside and prepare the dough.
- On a floured surface, roll out your dough just slightly, take care not to make it too thin. Using a cookie cutter or the ring of a mason jar lid, cut circles for the bottom crust.
- Then, gently push the circles into the pan.
- Next, fill with the apple mixture.
- After that, dot each tart with a ½ teaspoon of butter.
- You can top these little tarts however you like - I used the leftover pie crust and just put small pieces here and there over the tops.
- Bake the pie tarts in the oven for 18-22 minute, depending on your oven (I found that 21 minutes was perfect).
- Let them cool in the pan for a few minutes, before carefully removing them from the tins.
- You can make this recipe using other fruits like peaches, pears, and nectarines. Or, combine apples with another fruit.
- Instead of pie crust, make a streusel topping for the tarts with flour, oats, brown sugar and butter.
- Mix a handful of dried cranberries, cherries, raisins or even chopped walnuts into the apple mixture.
These keep beautifully in the fridge for about a week and were the perfect little additions for everyone's lunches this week. Be sure to refrigerate them in an airtight container. (These are my favorite containers.)
😋 Similar Recipes
If you like these yummy mini apple pie tarts, you might also like to try Mom's Apple Pie. Here are a few other recipes you might like: