Our Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe is the perfect compliment to almost any dessert – and you can change the flavors by switching up the extract you use!
I absolutely love making my own homemade whipped cream. It’s so thick, rich and delicious – it takes any desserts from good to fabulous with one decadent dollop! It’s so much easier than you think, especially with a good stand mixer.
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe Shopping List:
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Granulated Sugar
Items You May Also Need:
- Stand Mixer with Whisk Attachment
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $279.95Was: $429.99
Price: $10.39Was: $12.99
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
For Christmas, two of my sisters bought me this gorgeous beauty – my first ‘real’ mixer. I’m in love! It makes homemade whipped cream in no time flat!
Commonly Asked Questions about Homemade Whipped Cream
- Can you make whipped cream out of milk?
- In a word, no. There is not enough fat content in milk to make whipped cream.
- Can whipped cream be made ahead of time?
- Yes, it can be made a few hours in advance. Once you have stiff peaks, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set it in the fridge until ready to use. If needed, hand whisk to fluffy it back up.
- How long can you keep homemade whipped cream in the fridge?
- A homemade whipped cream recipe will last 2-3 days in the fridge, however, you will most likely need to whisk it before serving. As it sits, the whipped cream will become less fluffy.
Tips for our Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
- Always start by placing your bowl and whisk attachment into the freezer for 10-15 minutes to chill.
- Do not over beat! Stop the mixer once you have stiff peaks.
Easy and Delicious Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
This recipe is the perfect addition from morning until night! Add a dollop to your waffles, a spoonful to fresh berries for a snack, or pile it on top of a delicious pie for dessert!
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Before you begin, put the bowl of your mixer and the beater(s) into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the sugar, cream and extract and beat on low to combine.
- Whip together until stiff peaks form. Serve immediately.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Re-whip if necessary.
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe Variations
You can change the flavor, or even the color easily. Here are some of my favorite variations:
- Pink Raspberry Whipped Cream: add 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry extract and (optional) a few drops of red food coloring
- Toasted Coconut Whipped Cream: add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract. Bake 1 cup coconut at 350-degrees for about 10 minutes until toasted. Fold into the finished whipped cream.
- Orange Whipped Cream: add 1/2 teaspoon orange extract, plus the zest from 1 orange. Add a couple drops of orange food coloring.
Need an idea on how to use this delicious whipped cream?
Here are a few delicious recipe ideas:
from left to right:
- Inspired by a famous magazine, myChocolate Pretzel Pecan Pie is a really fun twist on the classic pecan pie.
- Mini Almond Bundt Cakes are perfect for celebrations anytime of year, and especially tasty with fresh berries.
- Who says you can’t have whipped cream for breakfast? Try this Strawberry Breakfast Parfait!
Still looking for more? Here are some recipes from a few other awesome bloggers!