As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Patriotic Berries and Cream come together in no time – they’re the perfect 4th of July treat!
Disclosure: I am an Oakhurst #SoWorthIt Brand Ambassador and was compensated for developing this recipe for Oakhurst Dairy.
You’re going to want to make tons of these because they go fast! Plan on 6-8 per adult, and 4-6 for kids.
You can make these the day before your get together to save on time, and be sure to include the kids on the fun. Seeing the Oakhurst Whipping Cream turn from liquid into fluffy whipped cream is one of my kiddos favorite things to do, besides licking the bowl of course!
This is just such a perfect treat for summer picnics and cookouts – a little two-bite healthy, yet decadent, treat that is both sophisticated and kid-friendly at the same time. It’s no fuss food at it’s finest!
How to Make Patriotic Berries and Cream
- 1 pint Oakhurst Whipping Cream
- 1 pint large strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Place your mixing bowl and beater(s) into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and pat dry the berries. Use a strawberry huller to remove the hull, discard.
- Using a paring knife, cut off the bottom tip of the strawberry so it will stand upright. Next, use a measuring spoon to make a well inside each strawberry (1-tablespoon works well).
- In the cold mixing bowl, combine the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the whipped cream into a piping bag (or a plastic bag with the corner snipped off).
- Gently pipe the well in each strawberry full of cream. Top with a blueberry.
- Keep the berries cold until ready to serve.
TIP : Don’t waste all the strawberry tidbits! Add them to a smoothie, sprinkle them over cereal and milk, or top a bowl of ice cream with them.)