As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe for our Easy Cherry Cobbler is simple to make and oh-so delicious for summer!
Summer dessert to me is nearly always something with fruit and some sort of ice cream or whipped cream on the top. I love crisps, cobblers and pie – and I love how very easy they are to pull together. Our recipe for Easy Cherry Cobbler is no exception. I find that the fresh-picked cherries add an extra sweetness to the cobbler so you need a tad less sugar. And there’s something about collecting and creating with food you’ve picked by hand that is so special. Of course, you could make this recipe with frozen cherries in the winter and it’s really tasty, too.
This Sweet Cherry Cobbler has become one of Mr. Juggling Act’s favorite summer desserts. We take the kids strawberry picking at a sweet little farm not far from our home. It’s a fun afternoon that usually ends up with us hot and tired and with 10 or more pounds of strawberries. Then we amble down to the cherry trees and pick under the shade to cool off. Just a couple pounds of these because we’re too tired to do do more. Olivia loves fresh cherries, and her mouth and chin end up covered by the time we leave.
Easy Cherry Cobbler Shopping List:
- Fresh Cherries
From the pantry: flour, granulated sugar, baking powder
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B008FWD4HQ’ text=’Cherry Pitter’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’aa3e4c3c-9f11-11e8-ad9f-d91d8ad6009e’] (works amazing!)
- 9×13 Baking Dish
- Mixing Bowl and Spoonula
- Measuring Cups
[amazon_link asins=’B00QQQAZPM,B008FWD4HQ,B00LGLHUA0,B0041PBIR4′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’9f61b13a-9f11-11e8-8674-9f3d13cc24f9′]
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Easy Cherry Cobbler
Doesn’t it just look so good? The cobbler is a sweet cake-like consistency, which pairs so well with the pop of the sweet cherries.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon of flour reserved
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups cherries – pitted
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Put the butter into a 9x13 baking dish (or similar – I used my 1-1/2 qt Corningware dish). Allow the butter to melt while you mix up the batter.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, milk and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven once the butter is melted. Pour the batter into the dish.
- Gently toss the cherries with tablespoon of flour, and place on top of the batter. The cherries will slowly sink during baking, so do not mix them into the batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve with Homemade Whipped Cream: https://www.jugglingactmama.com/2015/02/homemade-whipped-cream.html or ice cream.
Easy Cherry Cobbler Variations
We recommend that you make this Healthy Popsicles recipe once just as it is since we’ve tested it and sometimes variations can go awry. Making these healthy popcicles as we have tested them will yield the best results. Here are some ideas for variations if you chose to be creative:
Please note, we have not yet tested these variations.
- For a mixed berry cobbler, reduce the cherries to 1 cup and add in 1 cup each of blueberries and strawberries.
- Citrus pairs beautifully with cherries. For a subtle twist, add the zest of 1 orange into the batter.
In the cool of the air conditioning, or outside with a nice summer breeze, I serve this Sweet Cherry Cobbler with French Vanilla ice cream. I encourage you to try it with homemade whipped cream. Use my foolproof recipe and you’ll be done in no time, and it’s worth the extra effort, I promise!
Here are some of my other favorite summertime recipes:
- Rustic Iron Skillet Peach Crisp
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Blueberry Snack Cake
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake