Strawberry Pina Colada Smoothie
This Strawberry Pina Colada Smoothie doesn’t have any alcohol, but it is packed with fresh ripe strawberries and pineapple. I am a Brand Ambassador for Hamilton Beach, sponsors of this post. Please also note this post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure policy for details.
Summertime is smoothie-time at our house. With so much fresh (and often local) fruit in season, it’s the perfect time of year to whip up delicious healthy smoothies. This Strawberry Pina Colada Smoothie doesn’t have any alcohol, but it is packed with fresh ripe strawberries and pineapple. It’s full of flavor and oh-so-very good!
Strawberry Pina Colada Smoothie Shopping List
Smoothies all basically have the same ingredients – fruit and cream of some sort. If you want to be transported to the islands for this immunity-boosting treat, go find these ingredients:
- Cream of coconut
- Fresh Pineapple
- Pineapple Juice
- Coconut Flakes
Best Blender for Fruit Smoothies
My new Wave Action Blender from Hamilton Beach makes smoothies in minutes. It’s a cinch! I want my smoothies to be, well, smooth. I don’t care for chunks, lumps, or anything else. This blender does a great job of making a smooth mixture in no time. The buttons are clearly marked, so there’s no guesswork on which setting to use.
Tropical Smoothie With Cream of Coconut
Cream of Coconut takes what would be a strawberry pineapple smoothie to the next level. It makes the whole thing absolutely tropical, and who doesn’t love that? It’s so simple to make – you’ll love it for the whole family!
Strawberry Pina Colada Smoothie
Feel free to change up this smoothie by using coconut flavored yogurt instead of cream of coconut. Or add in other tropical flavors like oranges or bananas.
Strawberry Pina Colada Smoothie Recipe
- 4 oz cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries cleaned and hulled
- 2 cups of pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup of coconut flakes
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and process until it is smooth and creamy.
What Flavors Make Pina Colada?
When you want to adapt this pina colada smoothie recipe into other areas (think pina colada cupcakes or smoothie bowls!) you might wonder what flavors make a pina colada. A pina colada is a cocktail made with rum, pineapple juice, and coconut.
Of course, if you wanted to add some alcohol for a grown-up treat, be my guest! I enjoy coconut rum the best with this.
Purchase the blender:
Hamilton Beach Blender Features
The blender has some pretty great features –
- Wave Action System pulls mixture into the blades for smooth results
- Lid spout makes pouring easy
- Gray Hamilton Beach blender has a dishwasher-safe 48 oz glass jar
- Ideal for smoothies, shakes and icy drinks
- Kitchen blender has a 700W peak power motor
Love Smoothies? Check out these recipes:
Left to Right:
Even More Smoothie Recipes!
Here are some recipes from my favorite blogs:
- Chocolate Raspberry Creme Smoothie – Tessa Domestic Diva – You’ll never guess that this recipe is paleo, vegan, and can replace an entire meal!
- Almond Milk Breakfast Smoothie – Wonky Wonderful – If you can’t do dairy, then this smoothie is perfect!
- Kiwi Mango Smoothie – Renee Nicole’s Kitchen – Kiwi is one of my favorite fruits to eat, and now I love making smoothies with it too!