Chocolate Pecan Pie Shopping List:
- Refrigerator Pie Crust
- Mini Pretzels
- Dark Chocolate Chips
From the Pantry: brown sugar, corn syrup maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, salt
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Chocolate Pretzel Pecan PiePrint Pin Rate
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 refrigerator pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher slat
- 2 cups pecans
- 3/4 cup mini pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 egg for an egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Roll out one dough disc (refrigerate or freeze for later). Line a 9-inch pie plate with the dough. Refrigerate until the filling is ready.
- Place the pretzels in a resealable bag. Using a rolling pin, break up the pretzels into bite size pieces - this is a fun job for the kiddos!
- Whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, maple syrup, butter, vanilla and sugar, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Then, stir in the pecans, pretzels and dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon the filling into the pie plate. Beat the egg and brush the crust with the egg wash.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then cover with tinfoil and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Set the pie plate on a cooling rack and cool until room temperature. It's very important to let this set up - otherwise you'll have a mess on your hands.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream - so good! Be sure to store leftovers (if there are any!) in the refrigerator.
Serve this pie with Homemade Whipped Cream and make it really extra special!