Chocolate Pecan Pie Shopping List:
- Refrigerator Pie Crust
- Mini Pretzels
- Dark Chocolate Chips
From the Pantry: brown sugar, corn syrup maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, salt
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Chocolate Pretzel Pecan PiePrint Pin Rate
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 refrigerator pie crust
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher slat
- 2 cups pecans
- ¾ cup mini pretzel sticks
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 egg for an egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Roll out one dough disc (refrigerate or freeze for later). Line a 9-inch pie plate with the dough. Refrigerate until the filling is ready.
- Place the pretzels in a resealable bag. Using a rolling pin, break up the pretzels into bite size pieces - this is a fun job for the kiddos!
- Whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, maple syrup, butter, vanilla and sugar, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Then, stir in the pecans, pretzels and dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon the filling into the pie plate. Beat the egg and brush the crust with the egg wash.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then cover with tinfoil and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Set the pie plate on a cooling rack and cool until room temperature. It's very important to let this set up - otherwise you'll have a mess on your hands.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream - so good! Be sure to store leftovers (if there are any!) in the refrigerator.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
Serve this pie with Homemade Whipped Cream and make it really extra special!