These little chocolate strawberry hand pies are so yummy! Plus, they're easy to make so they're great for parties, potlucks, and even bake sales.
Can you guys believe that is Mother's Day already? I can not! I have no idea what my family has planned I just know I do not have to cook that day. Which is actually a blessing for me because I am in the kitchen cooking lunch and dinners 10-12 times a week. So a little break every now and then doesn't hurt!
Just because you may not be in the kitchen doesn't mean your kiddos can't be! These Chocolate Strawberry Hand Pies are super simple that even the little ones, with adult supervision, can get in the kitchen and bake something from you.
In all honestly, I prefer this over having something store bought given to me!
To make these hand pies, you only need three simple ingredients:
- Puff pastry
- Strawberries (this can be jam or fresh)
- Chocolate Chips
- Roll out the dough.
- Cut circles using a cookie cutter.
- Add a teaspoon of diced strawberries, or strawberry jam, in the center.
- Make an egg wash and brush around the edges of each circle.
- Pinch the puff pastry closed.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over the baked hand pies.
That's it folks! That simple.
More Puff Pastry Recipes
More Pie Recipes
- Banana Cream Pie - my Dad's favorite Thanksgiving pie.
- Blueberry Pie Tarts - so cute and great for kids.
- Mini Apple Pie Tarts - these are perfect for Fall!
Chocolate Strawberry Hand Pies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- baking sheet with parchment paper
- 2" round cookie cutter
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed according to package
- ½ cup fresh strawberries diced or strawberry jam
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips.
- egg wash 1 egg plus water mixed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Using 2 inch cookie cutter, cut 10 circles.
- Brush egg wash around the edge of each circle
- Place 1 teaspoon strawberries on each circle.
- Top with mini chocolate chips.
- Fold over half the pastry and press down the edges with a fork.
- Place on baking sheet and bake fro 20 minutes.
- Melt in microwave for 30 seconds ½ cup mini chocolate chips. Stir till smooth.
- Drizzle over head cooled hand pie.
- Serve and ENJOY!
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
About the Author: Nancy Piran blogs at The Bitter Side of Sweet where she shares family friendly recipes made easy.
Kathryn @ Family Food on the Table says
What a cute and easy sweet treat! Perfect little snack for little hands! Though I know I would be all over these as well, and I'm pretty sure I'd end up eating them for breakfast 😉 Hope you had a wonderful and relaxing Mothers Day!