Can you guys believe that is Mother’s Day already? I can not! I have no idea what my family has planned I just know I do not have to cook that day. Which is actually a blessing for me because I am in the kitchen cooking lunch and dinners 10-12 times a week. So a little break every now and then doesn’t hurt!
Just because you may not be in the kitchen doesn’t mean your kiddos can’t be! These Chocolate Strawberry Hand Pies are super simple that even the little ones, with adult supervision, can get in the kitchen and bake something from you. In all honestly I prefer this over having something store bought given to me!
Chocolate Strawberry Hand Pies
To make these Chocolate Strawberry Hand Pies you need 3 simple ingredient:
- Puff pastry
- Strawberries (this can be jam or fresh)
- Chocolate Chips
That’s it folks! That simple. Now you are ready to bake!
Chocolate Strawberry Hand PiesPrint Rate
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed according to package
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries diced or strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
- egg wash 1 egg plus water mixed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Using 2 inch cookie cutter, cut 10 circles.
- Brush egg wash around the edge of each circle
- Place 1 teaspoon strawberries on each circle.
- Top with mini chocolate chips.
- Fold over half the pastry and press down the edges with a fork.
- Place on baking sheet and bake fro 20 minutes.
- Melt in microwave for 30 seconds 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. Stir till smooth.
- Drizzle over head cooled hand pie.
- Serve and ENJOY!