As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Forget expensive store-bought spice mixes that are full if fillers and try this Homemade Apple Pie Spice Mix – it’s the quintessential flavors of Fall!
I love every single thing about Fall in New England (except that it leads to winter). The weather is perfect with cool crisp mornings and warm sunny afternoons. And the flavors of Fall just can’t be beat – apples, pumpkins and lots of cinnamon! It’s so simple and makes a wonderful gift, too!
Apple Pie Spice Mix is one of those things that is great to have on hand for seasoning all kinds of delicious goodies. I love baking with fresh apples and also applesauce, and this is the perfect accompaniment for that tasty apple flavor. But, let’s face it, it’s waaay overpriced at the grocery store! You can buy good quality spices and make your own mix in just a few minutes.
This recipe makes about 3/4 of a cup. I like to take 1/2 cup and package it into a 4oz mason jar, add a ribbon and pretty gift tag and give it as a gift with some fresh apples and one of my recipe cards. The rest fits nicely into a salt/pepper size shaker jar for my own use.
What spices are in apple pie spice mix?
- ground cinnamon
- all spice
- nutmeg, freshly grated
- ground ginger
Is apple pie spice the same as pumpkin pie spice?
Pumpkin pie spice and apple pie spice are similar, but not exactly the same. They both contain cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, but pumpkin pie spice also includes cloves and does not include cardamom or all spice.
Items You May Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.[amazon_textlink asin=’B00004S7V8′ text=’Mircoplane ‘ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’f0fca75a-c0c5-11e8-842d-ad26cbff842d’]
- [amazon_link asins=’B074ZP9VWB,B00E1YZUH4,B000YV93Z8,B00AJRKO8M,B0197BPPIE’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ea1fe8f0-c0c5-11e8-bd62-afb084411b64′]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B00LGLHUA0′ text=’Mixing Bowl ‘ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’26f8d7e6-c0c6-11e8-a4ad-7136e2e087c3′]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B00MHNZ85U’ text=’Whisk’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2cee6adc-c0c6-11e8-8bcd-eb363f165b17′]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B01E2HU4A2′ text=’Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’222ea565-c0c6-11e8-8b36-1fbfe903a151′]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B01NCLWU1G’ text=’Spice Jars’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’02e771eb-c0c6-11e8-b7b3-f1a4bdc319ff’]
I order my spices and herbs through Amazon Subscribe and Save because it saves me time and I love the convenience of it.
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Homemade Apple Pie Spice Mix
This mixture of warm spices is perfect for your pantry and lovely as a gift, too!
- 1/2 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all spice
- 4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- Combine the spices and very gently whisk them together.
- Use a funnel to transfer the mixture into a small mason jar.
This also makes a wonderful gift - add a pretty ribbon and package it up with some fresh apples for a sweet little semi-homemade gift.
Pro Tip: Whisk the ingredients together gently so you don’t end up with a mushroom cloud of spices in your face!
Love making your own mixtures of spices and seasonings?
Try making these other tasty mixes:
from left to right:
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- Montreal Seasoning
- Italian Garlic and Herb Seasoning Mix
- Cowboy Seasoning Mix