Toffee Apple Dip is a quick and easy recipe for any party or just as a fun snack. Decadent cream cheese whipped with brown sugar and vanilla, then swirled with mini chocolate chips, crunchy toffee bits and a little caramel for the ultimate fruit dip.
Party food should be simple to make, but still totally yummy. This toffee apple dip fits the bill perfectly. It’s sweet and creamy and totally irresistible! Of course, this isn’t only for parties. It makes a great snack any day of the week.
You can prepare the dip ahead of time. Just cover it and place it in the refrigerator. It is best served within 24 hours. If you don’t have cream cheese on hand, try my Peanut Butter Caramel Dip instead!
I have a weakness for toffee. There’s something so irresistible about sweet crunchy toffee that melts in your mouth.
I always have cream cheese in the fridge because it is just so versatile. Its
Toffee Apple Dip Shopping List
- cream cheese – I use regular but you can use reduced or fat-free if you prefer.
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- toffee bits
- mini chocolate chips (optional)
- caramel sauce
How do I keep apples from turning brown?
My kids never want to eat brown apple slices. To keep this from happening, place the apple slices in a resealable plastic bag. Slice a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bag. Seal it up and shake to toss the apples with the lemon juice.
What do I serve with Toffee Apple Dip?
- Crispy apples like gala, honeycrisp or pink lady are great varieties to serve with this dip.
- Include slices of fresh pear – I like using Asian pears because they are crisper than other varieties.
- Regular or chocolate graham crackers are perfect for serving with this dip.
- For a sweet and salty combo, serve with pretzels.
You can see how it makes a beautiful platter for a potluck or other party, but there are plenty of other good reasons to make this dip.
For example, it is an awesome way to get kids to eat more fruits! Pack a small two-sided container with a little of the dip on one side, and slices of apples and pears on the other. This also makes a great after school snack, too!
By no means am I trying to suggest that this dip falls into the healthy category. It does not. You can choose to use a reduced-fat cream cheese if you like. It’s not all bad though – cream cheese does offer a little protein, vitamins A, K, and is a good source of calcium.
However, I believe in all things in moderation. Since we’re serving this cream cheese dip with apples, it balances out, as long as you’re not eating gobs of the dip! Keep in mind that one serving of cream cheese is a tablespoon.
More Recipe Ideas for Entertaining:
If you like this Toffee Apple Dip, you might also like these great Fall recipes:
- For a savory appetizer, try our Easy Warm Bacon Dip made with sour Cream, cheddar and bacon. It’s so good, and so easy to make!
- This Baked Brie with Apples and Bacon appetizer comes together easily and has just a few ingredients, but will have your guests swooning.
- These Spiced Almonds are a delicious addition to your salads and also make a great snack!
- Mix in finely chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup instead of caramel.
- Use mascarpone instead of cream cheese
If you prefer, you can omit the toffee bits and/or the chocolate chips. Here are some variations you might like to try:
Toffee Apple Dip
Sweet and smooth cream cheese mixed with brown sugar is delicious enough on it’s own, but adding crunchy toffee bits and mini chocolate chips makes this apple dip recipe a show stopper!
Apple Dip with Toffee and Chocolate
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- caramel sauce drizzle, optional
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Use an hand-held electric mixer to combine.
- Add in the vanilla extract, then the toffee bits and mini chocolate chips.
- Stir until combined using a spoonula.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with apples for dipping.