Philly cheesesteak casserole with green peppers and onions is a simple casserole that's loaded with flavor. This recipe is super easy for a delicious and savory dinner in under an hour.
You're going to want to add this recipe to your meal plan!
If you love foolproof, no-hassle casserole recipes like me, this Philly cheesesteak casserole perfectly fits you and your family. Using lean ground beef and cream cheese, this casserole is a great low-carb version of the classic sandwich.
With just ten minutes of prep time and 15 minutes baking in the oven, this recipe comes together super fast for busy weeknights and can feed a crowd.
Here are the simple ingredients you'll need for this low carb casserole:
- olive oil
- green bell peppers
- red bell peppers
- sweet onion
- lean ground beef
- cream cheese
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper
This is meant to be a brief overview of this great recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- Preheat the oven.
- Lightly coat a casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the peppers and onions until softened.
- Mix in the cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the ground beef mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until the cheese melts and the sauce is bubbly.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make this easy recipe:
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
✔️ If you use an oven-safe skillet, you can build your casserole right in the pan and skip the baking dish.
To Store: Leftover Philly Cheesesteak Casserole should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and will keep for 3-5 days. (These are my favorite airtight containers.)
To Reheat: Microwave individual portions in 30-second intervals until heated throughout.
The first time you try any new recipe we recommend that you make it just as it is written on the recipe card since that is how the Philly Cheesesteak Casserole recipe has been tested. However, the next time you make our recipe, you might want to try one of these ideas:
For me, the best part of a traditional Philly cheesesteak is the cheese! This recipe uses slices of provolone cheese, but you can also use mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese.
This recipe is a great way to use up leftovers. Shaved steak from leftover ribeye steak, New York sirloin, works great in this recipe, as does shredded beef.
Out of something you need? Check out our free ingredient substitutions printable!
🍴 Serving Suggestions
If you're not watching your carbs, you can serve this with a side of crusty bread or garlic bread. It's great with a fresh green salad, too.
😋 Similar Recipes
Next time, try one of these delicious recipes:
If you love ground beef casseroles, check out our big mac casserole, shepherd's pie with tater tots, hamburger and potato casserole, and American goulash.
Related: Find loads more ground beef casseroles.
Not ready to make this casserole recipe yet?
When you do make it, please come back and comment and leave me a 5-star rating below! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 orange or red bell pepper seeded and diced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and cook, crumbling as it browns. When the beef is almost cooked through, add the onion and bell peppers.2 pounds lean ground beef, 1 onion, 1 green bell pepper, 1 orange or red bell pepper
- Continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes or until the onion is tender. Season the beef and vegetables with salt and black pepper. Drain the meat and vegetables well and then return it to the skillet.kosher salt and black pepper
- Stir the cream cheese into the meat and vegetables until evenly combined. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish and smooth into an even layer.4 ounces cream cheese
- Place the sliced cheese over the top.8 slices provolone cheese
- Bake the casserole for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
Want to add this recipe to your meal plan? Download our free printable meal plan here.
This recipe is included in Meal Plan 16 along with:
- pulled pork sliders
- air fryer sirloin steak
- chicken Caesar salad
- ranch chicken mac and cheese
- crockpot chicken teriyaki
... and more!
Be sure to check out all our meal plan ideas here.
Leave a Reply