Air Fryer Sirloin Steak is seared on the outside while still juicy and tender. This is the best way for cooking steak in the air fryer.
You'll also love our grilled top sirloin steak recipe.
Steaks can get a bit messy when you’re cooking them. Whether having to scrape grease from the outdoor grill or deal with the splatter of making a steak on the stove, steaks are far from a mess-free meal, at least until now!
This Air Fryer Sirloin Steak is perfectly cooked in an air fryer without any splatter or mess. In just a few easy steps, you’ll have a perfect steak main dish made right from the air fryer.
It's also healthier because you don't need any olive oil or cooking spray.
Here are the simple ingredients you need to make air fry steaks:
- sirloin steak
- homemade or store-bought steak seasoning
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- finely chopped parsley
- finely chopped chives
- minced garlic
- salt and black pepper, to taste
This is meant to be a brief overview of this great recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- Mix up your herb butter in a small bowl.
- Season and cook your steak.
- Let the steak rest.
- Serve with your herb butter.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make this easy recipe:
- Air Fryer - this is the model I use, it's great for larger amounts of food.
- Baking Sheet and Cooling Rack
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Spoons
- Meat Thermometer - I have this one and it works so great!
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
✔️ Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the steak. I highly recommend using a meat thermometer to test the internal temperature.
✔️Allow the steak to rest for 3-4 minutes before serving to the juices have time to redistribute. This is the key to a juicy steak.
While you could skip the garlic butter, you'll be missing out on so much flavor!
You could also serve this yummy steak with our cowboy butter dipping sauce - it's so good!
To Reheat: Microwave individual portions in 30-second intervals until heated throughout.
✏️ Make Ahead
The butter can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for 1 month. Be sure to use an airtight container and label it.
The first time you try any new recipe we recommend that you make it just as it is written on the recipe card since that is how the recipe has been tested. However, the next time you make our recipe, you might want to try one of these ideas:
A little bit of basil salt is also great way to finish the steak before serving.
Sirloin steak can also be cut into bite-size pieces. Air fryer steak bites are a great way to make a little bit of steak go a bit further for a big family - just serve with extra sides!
Out of something you need? Check out our free ingredient substitutions printable!
🍴 Serving Suggestions
Serve this air fryer steak with crispy smashed potatoes or roasted fingerling potatoes for an easy dinner - or maybe the kids would prefer french fries! Either way, potatoes are fabulous with garlic butter on them, too. Our garlic green beans are a great way to round out this meal. Cowboy corn casserole is also one of my favorite family-friendly side dishes.
😋 Similar Recipes
Air fryer recipes are a great way to save time.
- air fryer chicken tenders
- garlic butter wings
- air fryer baked potatoes
- breaded pork chops in air fryer recipe
- air fried corn on the cob
If you love how easy it is to cook with an air fryer but you're just getting started, be sure to download our free air fryer cooking chart.
And if you're a steak-lover, try one of these delicious recipes next time:
Not ready to make this Air Fryer Sirloin Steak yet?
When you do make it, please come back and comment and leave me a 5-star rating below! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Air Fryer Sirloin Steak
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ½ - 2 pounds sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
For the butter:
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- To make the butter, stir all the ingredients together until they are well blended.1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- Shape the butter as desired, or place into a silicone mold to shape.
- Refrigerate until solid.
- Gently pat the steaks dry on both sides using one or two paper towels. (This helps the steaks develop a good sear).
- Season your steak on both sides using steak seasoning.1 ½ - 2 pounds sirloin steak, 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- Let the steak rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees, and add nonstick cooking spray to the air fryer basket.
- Cook your steak for 10 minutes, flipping halfway. Check for internal temperature.
- Allow the steak to rest for an additional 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve topped with butter.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Want to add this recipe to your meal plan? Download our free printable meal plan here.
Be sure to check out all our meal plan ideas here.