Philly Cheesesteak Dip with peppers and onions in a creamy cheese sauce makes a great addition to any party spread!
The classic cheesesteak with roast beef and melted cheese served inside a long hoagie type roll was first invented in 1930 in Philadelphia. The area is known for it's amazing sandwiches, but if you can't get to Pennsylvania, you can make your own shareable cheesesteak dip that your friends and family won't be able to stop munching.
Here is what you will need to make steak and cheese dip:
- red and green peppers
- deli roast beef
- provolone and mozzarella cheeses
- cream cheese
- parsley (optional)
From the pantry: olive oil, salt and pepper
- With both provolone and mozzarella cheeses, plus cream cheese, this recipe definitely delivers the melty cheese factor. If you prefer, you could substitute other creamy cheeses that melt well such as Monterrey jack, muenster or gouda.
- If you have leftover roast beef, you can definitely substitute that for the deli roast beef. Just shred it using two forks or chop it up fine.
- For a hint of spice, add a pinch of red pepper flake or a finely minced jalapeno pepper.
How to Make Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- First, cook the peppers and onions in a skillet.
- Next, add in the roast beef, cheeses, and milk.
- Then, turn off heat.
- Finish by adding zest, lemon juice, and salt and pepper
- Serve with sturdy crackers, bagel chips or crostini.
Get more game day grub:
You all know how much I love my game day snacks, and, like this steak and cheese dip, the cheesier the better! If you're a cheese-lover like me, you'll want to try our Herb and Garlic Cheese Bombs as well!
Here are some more of our favorite recipes:
- Cheesy Bacon Dip
- Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Layered Taco Dip
- Cheesy Spinach Dip with Garlic Roll Dippers
- Ground Beef Cheese Dip Recipe
Philly Cheesesteak Dip Recipe
Philly Cheesesteak Dip
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 13 ounces deli roast beef finely chopped
- ½ cup red and green peppers diced
- ¼ cup onions diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened and cubed
- 4 ounces provolone cheese shredded
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup milk
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- In a large pan over medium-high heat warm oil. Add in peppers and onions, cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the roast beef, cheeses, and milk. Lower heat to medium-low, stirring occasionally until cheese melts and ingredients are well combined.
- Turn off heat, add zest, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Fold together and serve hot with bagel chips or slices of baguette bread.