The best Layered Taco Dip Recipe starts with seasoned ground beef and crisp lettuce with loads of tasty toppings like fiesta corn, black beans, fresh avocado, chopped tomatoes and so much more! You'll love this easy taco salad recipe.
If you have leftover Ground Beef Taco Meat, this taco salad is the perfect way to use it up! You're going to love this extraordinary jumble of textures, colors, and flavors.
- lean ground beef
- store-bought or homemade Taco Seasoning
- fiesta corn
- black beans
- shredded milk cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- black olives
- green pepper
- jalapeno pepper
- red or green onions
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro (optional)
I use my homemade blend of taco seasoning, however, go ahead and use the store-bought variety if that's what you have on hand.
Here's how to make a taco dip appetizer everyone will rave about!
- Brown the ground beef until cooked through and drain off any grease if necessary.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Taco Seasoning (I like using my own blend, but store-bought works great, too) and ½ cup water.
- Cook the beef for a few more minutes, stirring frequently until the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve on lettuce with your favorite toppings.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
More Mexican Recipes
- Hot Corn Dip - Make a double batch of this dip because you'll need it!
- Cream Cheese Bean Dip - Just six ingredients make this delicious, creamy bean dip.
- Beef Queso Dip - Seasoned beef, two cheeses, and peppers make this delicious cheesy dip!
- Cream Cheese Salsa Dip - the perfect dip for your next party. Just two simple ingredients!
Layered Taco Dip
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning or 2 envelopes - divided in half
- 16 oz refried beans
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese - or your favorite cheese
- 2 tomatoes diced - about 2 cups
- 3 greens onions with tops diced finely
- 2.25 oz black olives sliced, optional
- 2 tablespoons cilantro snipped, optional
- Jalapeno slices optional
- Avocado diced, optional
- Brown ground beef until no pink remains, drain if necessary.1 pound ground beef
- Return to pan and add 2 tablespoons (or 1 envelope) taco seasoning and ½ cup water.4 tablespoons taco seasoning or 2 envelopes - divided in half
- Cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a medium bowl, combine taco meat and refried beans until well combined.16 oz refried beans
- Transfer to 13x9 glass dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and 2 tablespoons (or 1 envelope) taco seasoning until smooth and creamy.8 oz cream cheese, 1 cup sour cream, 2 cloves garlic, 4 tablespoons taco seasoning or 2 envelopes - divided in half
- Spread evenly over bean mixture.
- Top with cheeses, tomatoes and any other toppings you like.1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese - or your favorite cheese, 2 tomatoes, 3 greens onions with tops, 2.25 oz black olives, 2 tablespoons cilantro, Jalapeno slices, Avocado
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with additional sour cream and tortilla chips.
Place in 350-degree F oven for 15-20 minutes BEFORE adding any additional toppings
The meat can be omitted for a vegetarian option.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Love It !!!