The best Layered Taco Salad starts with seasoned ground beef and crisp lettuce with loads of tasty toppings like fiesta corn, black beans, fresh avocado, chopped tomatoes and so much more!
If you have leftover Ground Beef Taco Meat, this taco salad is the perfect way to use it up! You're going to love this extraordinary jumble of textures, colors, and flavors.
- lean ground beef
- store-bought or homemade Taco Seasoning
- fiesta corn
- black beans
- shredded milk cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- black olives
- green pepper
- jalapeno pepper
- red or green onions
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro (optional)
I use my homemade blend of taco seasoning, however, go ahead and use the store-bought variety if that's what you have on hand.
amazon link to related products
How to Make Taco Dip Appetizer
- Brown the ground beef until cooked through and drain off any grease if necessary.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Taco Seasoning (I like using my own blend, but store-bought works great, too) and ½ cup water.
- Cook the beef for a few more minutes, stirring frequently until the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve on lettuce with your favorite toppings.
More Mexican Recipes
- Hot Corn Dip - Make a double batch of this dip because you'll need it!
- Classic Pico de Gallo - Healthy party food? Yes! This pico de gallo is delicious on its own or added to eggs for breakfast.
- Cream Cheese Bean Dip - Just six ingredients make this delicious, creamy bean dip.
Layered Taco Dip Recipe
Layered Taco Dip
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning or 2 envelopes - divided in half
- 16 oz refried beans
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese - or your favorite cheese
- 2 tomatoes diced - about 2 cups
- 3 greens onions with tops diced finely
- 2.25 oz black olives sliced, optional
- 2 tablespoons cilantro snipped, optional
- Jalapeno slices optional
- Avocado diced, optional
- Brown ground beef until no pink remains, drain if necessary
- Return to pan and add 2 tablespoons (or 1 envelope) taco seasoning and ½ cup water
- Cook until all liquid is absorbed
- In a medium bowl, combine taco meat and refried beans until well combined
- Transfer to 13x9 glass dish
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and 2 tablespoons (or 1 envelope) taco seasoning until smooth and creamy
- Spread evenly over bean mixture
- Top with cheese, tomatoes and any other toppings you like
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 1 hour before serving
- Serve with additional sour cream and tortilla chips
Place in 350-degree F oven for 15-20 minutes BEFORE adding any additional toppings
The meat can be omitted for a vegetarian option.