Tender chicken, warm, spicy peppers and onions – Easy to make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas is a simple meal that comes together in a snap! Perfect for meal planning and an easy weeknight meal!
Sheet Pan Fajita Chicken
Hi guys – it’s Deb stopping by again from Bowl Me Over. Today wanted to share with you my newest, easiest recipe: Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas!
My love of sheet pan cooking goes back about a year to short after I met Ang. She had posted a recipe for Chorizo Sheet Pan Dinner and I made it that night.
After that…. sheet pan meals became a THING at the house, so I’m excited to share this one with you!
Not a pile of dirty dishes, easy clean-up and a delicious meal. What’s not to love!
Line your sheet pan with tin foil or parchment paper for easy clean-up!Deb Clark, Bowl Me Over
Ingredients for Chicken Fajitas
- chicken – white or dark meat, use your favorite. I prefer white meat and that’s what I used in this recipe.
- red, green and orange bell peppers – the colored peppers are a little sweeter than the green, but you can certainly use all green if you’d prefer.
- onion – yellow or white onion, you can even use red onion. It just has a more mild flavor
- tortillas – corn or flour
- fajita seasoning mix – for spicy deliciousness!
- fresh lime – adds the perfect tang
- olive oil – a great hearty-healthy oil
One Sheet Chicken Fajitas
What’s the difference between taco seasoning and fajita seasoning?
Is fajita mix and taco mix the same? Actually they are quite similar and in a pinch, you can certainly use packet seasoning. If you’re looking to make your own fajita or taco mix, I have recipes for both on the blog!
Taco mix typically has more chili powder, fajita mix more earthy cumin and spicy red pepper flakes. If you mix your own, you’ll be amazed at the improvement in flavor from the packets! I hope you swing by the blog to try these recipes!
What do you serve with chicken fajitas?
Ang’s recipe for Cowboy Caviar would be a great starter to serve with fajitas! That and a pile of chips and you certainly have a meal!
Do you put lettuce on fajitas?
Nope, I don’t 😆 but by all means, do what works for you! Top with lettuce, sour cream, chopped jalapeños – finish with a squeeze of lime!
How do I make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas?
These are super simple to make you’re going to love how quick and easy this recipe is!
- preheat the oven
- slice the chicken breast into thin 1/2 inch strips
- clean the peppers, remove the seeds and thinly slice
- do the same for the onion
- line the sheet pan with tin foil or parchment paper
- spread the ingredients evenly onto the pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with homemade fajitas mix
- bake until chicken is cooked thru
- finish with a
Are you ready to give this recipe a whirl? I know you’ll love it, in
More Sheet Pan Dinners for easy weeknight meal planning!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 green bell pepper seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp fajita seasoning or one packet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- optional garnishes, lime, cilantro, salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, guacamole or avocado slices
- Preheat the oven to to 400 degrees, line the baking sheet with with tin foil or parchment paper.
- Slice the chicken breast into thin 1/2 inch strips.
- Clean the peppers, remove the seeds and thinly slicedo the same for the onion.
- Spread the chicken, peppers and onions evenly onto the pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with homemade fajitas mix
- Roast until the chicken is completely cooked 18-22 minutes, it will depend upon how crowded your pan is.
- When you remove the pan from the oven, finish by squeezing with fresh lime.
- Serve with tortillas and your toppings of choice!
- sour cream
- guacamole or avocado slices