These Grilled Teriyaki Beef skewers are an easy tasty dish to serve for company but work just as well for a low-key meal for the family, or intimate dinner for two.
Teriyaki Beef Skewers
Summertime meals are just so much simpler somehow. We love to grill for so many reasons, not the least of which is that there are usually fewer dishes involved. I hate washing dishes, which is kind of problem since I’m a food blogger and am constantly testing and developing recipes.
I guess I can’t deny the fact that Mr. Juggling Act is usually more involved during grilling season more so than the rest of the year. What is it about men and their grills? I won’t complain since it means less work for me! Some of our favorites are Grilled Chipotle Marinated Chicken, Petite Sirloin Steak Recipe – fabulous! Top these off with some Cowboy Butter for extra deliciousness!
Now this is a great recipe for a cookout, but if you want to pare it down for a smaller crowd, it’s easy to either cut the recipe in half, or cook half, and freeze the other half in the marinade. Talk about meals made ahead, right?
I know you’ll love and your family will too!
Beef Skewers Recipe
Grocery list for Teriyaki Beef Skewers
- boneless round steak
- green peppers
- Vidalia onion
- light brown sugar
- soy sauce
- pineapple juice
- vegetable oil
- olive oil
- bamboo skewers
What goes good with teriyaki beef?
These are such an easy dish because it has the protein and the vegetables too – love that! But if you’re looking for a few more ideas for meal planning, here are my suggestions!
YUM!! Need I say more?!!
Steps to make Teriyaki Beef Kabobs
Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
In a resealable container, add the vegetables and 1/2 cup of the marinade mixture. Toss to coat and refrigerate until ready to assemble the skewers.
Add the beef cubes to the rest of the marinade and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
Remove beef from the marinade, removing any excess liquid. Discard marinade. Repeat with the vegetables.
Thread the meat and vegetables onto the skewers, alternating the beef and vegetables. Lightly salt and pepper if desired.
Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
Cook the kabobs on until the beef is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side to cook evenly.
Remove from the heat and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Tips for making Teriyaki Beef Skewers
- Don’t have time to make the marinade? Hey, no judgment! Grab some store-bought marinade, I won’t tell and you’ll still get all of the credit!
- The longer the meat marinates the more tender and flavorful it will be. This is a great dish to make-ahead the night before and just tuck it in the fridge.
- Using round-steak makes this meal super affordable, but you can also use top sirloin, tenderloin or your favorite steak. It’s very versatile.
- No steak? Use pork tenderloin! Equally delicious!
More of my favorite kabobs and skewers!
What’s your favorite meal on a stick?
YOU MIGHT ALSO NEED:
Love this recipe? I knew you would! It’s really one of our favorites! If you have a quick moment, please leave a five-star review below, it would make my day!
If you’re on Instagram, don’t forget to tag me @jugglingactmama so I get to see your photos or you can hashtag me with #jugglingactmama
Teriyaki Beef Skewers
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp ginger fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- Ingredients for Kabobs
- 4 pounds boneless round steak cut into cutes
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 Sweet Onion Vidalia onions are my preference
- bamboo or metal skewers
- Whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, water, vegetable oil, ginger and garlic in a large bowl.
- In a resealable container, add the vegetables and 1/2 cup of the marinade mixture. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the kabobs.
- Add the beef cubes to the remaining marinade and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Marinate beef in refrigerator for 4-24 hours. (The longer it marinates, the more flavorful it will be).
- Remove beef from the marinade, shaking to remove any excess liquid. Discard marinade. Repeat with the vegetables.
- Thread the meat and vegetables onto the skewers. Lightly salt and pepper if desired.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Cook the kabobs on preheated grill until the beef is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side to cook evenly.
- Remove from the heat and let rest 5 minutes before serving.