If you love chocolate, peanut butter, ice cream, and cookies, these No Bake Ice Cream Cupcakes are the dessert for you! These are perfect for summer parties instead of ice cream cake.
Hot summer days call for cool treats that don't involve the oven! These no bake ice cream cupcakes fit the bill and they're fun to make with the kiddos. I'm using Dark Chocolate morsels to create a delicious chocolate peanut butter fudge swirl ice cream.
This treat starts by making a chocolate peanut butter fudge to swirl throughout homemade ice cream. This stuff is so good I could just eat it with a spoon, people! For real, it's THAT amazing.
You can put this in a little mason jar - in fact, this recipe will make enough to put a little in the fridge for later! Now on to the ice cream cupcakes - how amazing do these look? You're welcome. I mean, I'm just going to throw that out there. You're welcome.
If you love no-bake desserts, you have to try one of these other delicious recipes next time:
I love making my own homemade ice cream in all different flavors. You can make these cupcakes with a variety of different ice cream flavors. Try our cotton candy ice cream or red velvet cheesecake ice cream. Strawberry shortcake ice cream, black forest ice cream, and brownie bite ice cream are all great for making ice cream cupcakes, too.
Short Cut Method
If you prefer not to make your own ice cream or toppings you can grab ingredients from the grocery store. Just follow the assembly instructions in the recipe card below.
Ice Cream Cupcakes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Fudge divided
- 12 “scoops” Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Ice Cream see below
- 8 Oreo cookies crushed
- 8 Nutter Butter cookies crushed
For the Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons cream peanut butter
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Ice Cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl
- Prepare the Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl, and let cool.Peanut Butter Fudge
- Prepare the Ice Cream and freeze 2-3 hours.12 “scoops” Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Ice Cream
- Prepare a muffin pan with cupcake papers. Combine the crushed cookies. Fill each cup with 1 tablespoon of the cookie mixture. Drizzle on 1 teaspoon of the fudge swirl mixture.8 Oreo cookies, 8 Nutter Butter cookies
- Top each with a scoop of Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Ice Cream, pressing it down into the well. Freeze for 1 hour. If you want them to look more like ‘cupcakes,’ add another scoop and use the back of a spoon to mold into a rounded top.
- Drizzle with remaining peanut butter fudge and sprinkle with remaining cookie mixture.
Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, butter and sugars together. Heat over low until the sugar is dissolved.½ cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Stir in the peanut butter and chocolate morsels and mix until combined.2 tablespoons cream peanut butter, 1 cup Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Let cool completely.
Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Ice Cream
- This recipe works perfectly for a 6-cup (1.5 quart) ice cream maker. Before starting, be sure your freezer bowl has been in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, sugar, vanilla and salt until the sugar is dissolved. Gently stir in the heavy cream. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.1 cup whole milk, ¾ cup granulated sugar, pinch salt, 2 cups heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Turn on the ice cream maker and pour the cream mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until it begins to thicken, about 15 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture.
- Use a spatula to scoop the ice cream into an airtight container. Swirl in a little of the cooled peanut butter fudge as you go – you’ll want to use about ½ cup, reserving some for later. Store the remaining fudge in an airtight container.½ cup Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl
- Freeze the ice cream for about 2-3 hours so that the ice cream hardens thoroughly.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
You might also enjoy these other Frozen Treats:
from left to right: