These are the best Mediterranean Grilled Vegetables you'll ever taste. Let me teach you How to Cook Vegetables on the Grill and it will become one of your favorite Summer sides.
Is there anything better than seasonal vegetables? Yes! Seasonal vegetables on the grill. Let me teach you how to cook vegetables on the grill and you'll never go back to a side salad with your steak.
I think I can honestly promise that this is the best grilled vegetables recipe I've ever tasted. It's a simple recipe, perfect for beginners and experienced cooks alike, but sometimes simple means simply scrumptious. That is the case here for sure.
We love seasonal veggies at our house because they are the best bang for your buck. They're less expensive than vegetables that are out of season, and they are the most nutritious too.
Summer vegetables from my local farm stand are my personal favorite. Check out this seasonal produce guide from the USDA.
- Bell Peppers
- Zucchini and yellow squash
- Olive or avocado oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black pepper
- Mediterranean Seasoning Mix
How to Cook Vegetables on the Grill
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the oil and Mediterranean Spice Mix.
- Coat the veggies in the seasoning mixture by tossing them together in a large bowl or on a baking sheet. Be sure to get all sides.
- Use a grill pan, or if your veggies are large enough place the veggies directly on the outdoor grill itself.
- Place the veggies going across the grates so they are less likely to fall down through the openings.
- Grill the squash and peppers for about 4 minutes per side and roll the asparagus a few times to ensure the tips won't burn.
FAQ about Grilling Vegetables
Here are some frequently asked questions - and answers - about how to cook vegetables on the grill.
You'll want to choose vegetables that are hearty and contain less water - sorry, but you'll have to skip the tomatoes. Our favorites are corn, zucchini, asparagus and peppers.
The short answer is yes, but you'll want to grill them in foil packets since they will contain more liquid than fresh vegetables. And remember my tip from above - hearty veggies that don't contain high amounts of water are best.
The sky is the limit! This recipe calls for a store-bought or Homemade Mediterranean Seasoning. However, you can add just about any herb or spice you love. Play around with flavor profiles like Italian or Asian. And if you find a good combo, let me know in the comments below!
Mediterranean seasoning mixes generally include a mixture of herbs and spices such as garlic powder, oregano, parsley, rosemary, onion powder, marjoram, thyme, basil, sea salt, and black pepper.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
You'll love this tasty side dish to go with any backyard BBQ menu. Try them alongside Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Grilled Ribeye Steak, or Sirloin Steak Tips.
These grilled veggies are delicious as is, but to really kick up the flavor, add a pat of our garlicky Cowboy Butter, or drizzle some Cowboy Butter Dipping Sauce over them.
Sprinke on top of focaccia bread or buttery dinner rolls.
You can also add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top of the veggies or a sprinkle of fresh herbs like thyme, oregano, or even fresh parsley.
Related: You'll find lots of Delicious Compound Butter Recipes here.
Using your Mediterranean grilled veggies is a great way to add tons of flavor to your pasta salad! Mix in a little feta cheese, some grape tomatoes, and some zesty dressing for a fabulous summer side dish.
- Rainbow Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
- Best Grilled Potatoes
- Ginger Soy Grilled Corn Recipe
- Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
Related: Find all of our Best Cookout Recipes here.
- Add your favorite vegetables - it's all about your personal preference! If you love red onions, eggplant, or brussels sprouts? Add them to your veggie mix!
- For an Italian twist on this recipe, substitute the Mediterranean spice blend for a store-bought or Homemade Italian Seasoning.
Not ready to make these grilled mediterranean vegetables yet? When you do make it, please come back and comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Mediterranean Grilled Veggies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Gas Grill
- 1 pepper
- 12 Handful of asparagus
- 1 summer squash (yellow squash)
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- kosher salt to preference
- black pepper to preference
- 2 tablespoons Mediterranean seasoning mix
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush the oil and seasonings onto the veggies on all sides.
- You can use a grill basket or place the veggies directly on the hot grill.
- Plan to place the veggies going across the grates so they are less likely to fall down through the openings.
- Cook the squash and peppers for about 4 minutes per side and roll the asparagus a few times to ensure the tips won't burn.
- Remove the veggies from the grill when they reach the tender level you prefer.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
I love this recipe and make a batch of the seasoning in a jar to use for other recipes too. My favorite veggies for this in addition to the squash are onion and yellow and orange peppers. Using a grill basket makes it so easy!