Are you looking for something easy to feed a hungry crowd? Try a couple of these slider recipes for your next get together! Not only are they easy to put together, but they're sure to satisfy even the hungriest of appetites. Whether you're craving mini burgers or something a little different, we've got the perfect slider recipe for you.
Delicious Slider Recipes for Your Next Get-Together
I don't know about you, but I'm always stuck on what to take to family get-togethers and potlucks. The thing is, you'll find lots of side dishes and desserts, but there never seems to be many stick-to-your-ribs foods that stave off hunger for a while. Know what I mean? And chicken salad sandwiches (a common staple at our family functions) just don't do it for me.
So, I've put together this quick list of some of my favorite sliders instead. These sandwiches may be small, but they're not short on flavor!
But don't take my word for it. Make a batch (or two) for your next get together, and sliders will be your go-to party food from now on, too!
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions (and answers!) readers often ask about making sliders.
Sliders often refer to small hamburgers, but there are so many varieties with chicken, pork and even veggie burgers.
These mini sandwiches often have fun toppings like caramelized onion, melty cheese and sauces or other condiments.
Most often, you'll find slider recipes that call for rolls that are about 2-inches across, such as sweet Hawaiian rolls.
Store-bought Hawaiian Rolls work wonderful for slider recipes, but you can also use frozen dough and make your own. These Buttery Dinner Rolls are totally incredible as slider buns.
The most important thing is that you use small rolls that are easy to hold and can stand up to the filling.
Often the bun tops are brushed with melted butter and seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder or herbs.
To keep the roll from getting soggy, try one of these tricks:
* Toast the rolls to help keep out moisture.
* Place the cheese next to the bread to act as a barrier.
* Pat vegetables like lettuce dry to remove extra moisture before assembling your sliders.
* Spread condiments like mayo into the middle of the sandwich rather than on the roll.
Cover the sliders with tinfoil to help keep the sandwiches warm, or wrap them individually and place them into a slow cooker set to WARM.
Alternatively, set up a Slider Station where guests can build their own sliders. Use a slow cooker on WARM to keep meat such as pulled pork or buffalo chicken warm.
Incredible Slider Recipes
Whether you're gearing up for a big game day party for the Super Bowl, or throwing together an easy weeknight meal, these are our very best slider recipes.
Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders from Juggling Act Mama: These are the best sliders to serve for parties and potlucks. Baking, rather than grilling makes this a super easy slider recipe that is especially great for entertaining.
Easy Meatball Sliders from Juggling Act Mama: Ever loved hamburgers so much you wanted to fit it into your mouth in one go? Well, this slider recipe will let you live out your dream! It's juicy and flavorful, and cheesy with perfectly done meatballs.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders from Juggling Act Mama: it’s the best of both worlds with this amazing recipe. Tangy and crunchy mixed with sesame seeds is perfect for any occasion with a crowd!
More Tasty Slider Recipes
Pulled pork, turkey and swiss, meatball parmigiana and buffalo chicken - even veggie burgers - are just a few of the delicious options you'll find below.
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders from Sugar Spice and Glitter: it tastes like a pizza, but it's convenient like a sandwich. Everyone goes crazy for a good tasting pizza; this recipe might be my favorite for cheesy sliders.
- French Onion Roast Beef Sliders from Snappy Gourmet: Football games are great, but what would they be without the snacks?! This French onion roast beef slider recipe is meaty and hearty - the perfect umami flavored sandwich that no one will be able to resist.
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders from Unicorns in the Kitchen: They may be spicy, but they’re also light and fluffy. These flavor-packed sliders are sure to be a hit at picnics, bring-and-shares, or for the family to enjoy as an easy meal.
- Loaded Juicy Lucy Sheet Pan Sliders from Host the Toast: A cheese stuffed mini burger is something everyone needs to experience! This recipe holds up to its name for sure. It's stuffed with juicy deliciousness and since it's made right on a baking sheet, it couldn't be easier!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders from Merry About Town: Meaty supreme with added cheese? Yes please! This recipe is a classic in any home. Let the good times roll! (Pictured above).
- 5-ingredient Turkey Swiss Sliders from Unicorns in the Kitchen: Quick and easy with only 5 ingredients to whip up this amazing snack! It’s got just the right amount of sweet and salty - the perfect way to use up any leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.
- Spiced Apple & Ham Sliders on Cheddar Biscuits from Restless Chipotle: This fall recipe will keep you coming back for more! It's unique while including the classic pairing of apple, ham, and cheese. Add some heat to this awesome recipe by adding chipotle aioli.
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders from Buns in My Oven: The ideal picnic snack is one that’s meaty, cheesy, and drenched in Ranch. This recipe will make your day out in the sun one to remember.
- Cuban Slider from Bowl Me Over: These sliders are for the hardcore pork and cheese lovers out there!. This recipe boasts the perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess in between two buttered slices of buns and topped with poppy seeds. What else could you want? (Pictured above).
- Quick & Easy Meatball Parmigiana Sliders from About a Mom: These meatballs are sure to score you some major points with family and friends, especially when used to create juicy Italian-style meatball sliders!
- Chicken and Waffles Sliders from Kids in the Kitchen: Needing a special snack for the kids for the big game? Try these Chicken and Waffles sliders to make them feel like they are eating Big People sliders! It’s a crazy awesome combo of sweet and savory.
- Aloha BBQ Sliders from Tidy Mom: These sliders just scream ‘summer-time’. They’ve got the right amount of everything that a good mini-Hawaiian burger needs. It’s got the sweet, the sour and the juicy goodness of a well-cooked meat patty.
- Pork Loin Sliders and Broccoli Kale Citrus Slaw from The Complete Savorist: All meat lovers enjoy a good pork loin but this recipe takes the cake. Or in this case, the slider. That’s right...a pork loin wedged inside a soft bun, with slaw?! Sign me up! (Pictured above).
- Easy Beef Sliders from Love Bakes Good Cakes: If you like taking things into your own hands, how about this beef slider recipe?! The recipe post breaks down the how-to’s of perfect mini patty making for mini hamburgers! And to make it even better, it’s got all the classic favorite sauces like ketchup and mustard.
- Ham and Cheese Sliders from A Turtle's Life for Me: nothing beats ham, cheese, and cranberry sauce. It’s the ultimate holiday combo. Smack it onto a buttered slider and you have yourself the best snack ever!!
- Veggie Pub Sliders from Olivia's Cuisine: If you are not a fan of meat, this slider will change your life! It’s got all the right flavors without any of the meat. Make this snack even more amazing by adding smoked provolone cheese.
- Enchilada Chicken Sliders Recipe from Everyday Eileen: It's time to heat things up with this HOT Chicken Slider when you add jalapeños. This recipe is mind blowing and easy to make. (Pictured above).
- Taco Sliders from Dinner at the Zoo: are you a huge fan of Tacos? This recipe is just for you then. It’s got taco meat and ooey gooey cheese with typical taco seasoning and optional sides of salsa and guacamole that’ll make you wish it was Taco slider night EVERY night!
- Cheese Stuffed Sliders with Balsamic Onion Jam from The Suburban Soapbox: I love cheese, and I adore cheese that oozes out of meaty sliders! This recipe has a tasty trick up its sleeve that involves jam and vinegar. It’s to die for!
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Sliders from Our Best Bites: Simple and elegant recipes are some of the most popular in kitchens around America. This is one of those recipes! You can add mayo to any good sandwich, and it’s sure to become a household favorite.
- Baked Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe from The Cookie Rookie: The best thing to find in a lunchbox or on the table on game day as a snack, is a well-made mini cheeseburger. Thanks to this recipe, your wishes really can come true! (Pictured above).
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders from Simply Stacie: Chicken slow cooked in Frank’s Wing Sauce will have your guests lining up for seconds! Top it with ranch dressing and people will be running back for thirds!
- Grilled Chicken Sliders from It's a Keeper: the texture of grilled chicken just hits the spot in this slider recipe. This recipe is simple while exploding with flavor. Party appetizers just got a serious face lift!
- Sheet Pan Sliders from Quiche My Grits: Loaded with deli meats like ham slices, salami with provolone or mozzarella cheese, these make me think someone made sliders from a well-stocked charcuterie board, complete with banana peppers and olive tapenade!
- Corn Fritter Sliders from Life Currents: With smashed avocado and enchilada sauce, these vegetarian sliders on pretzel rolls are the perfect recipe. (Pictured above).
- Shredded Chicken Sliders from The Pinning Mama: it's quick, it's easy, and it's so tasty! They may be simple, but this recipe is jam packed with flavor that’s just to die for! The secret ingredient in this one is dijon mustard!
- Ham and Cheese Sliders from Spend with Pennies: Another ultimate snack for game day! Everyone loves the classic ham and cheese pairing, but this recipe will knock you out of your seat with some sneaky surprises.
- Sloppy Joes Sliders from Flash in the Pans: Like many beef sliders, these are topped with American cheese and finished in a baking dish so that they are melty and delicious!
- Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Sliders from Creme de la Crumb: Whip up a quick meal or snack for the family or for your next party. It’s a super easy 5-ingredinet slider recipe with chicken and melty pesto mozzarella! (Pictured above).
- Spicy Veggie Burger Slider Trio from Dad with a Pan: Meat doesn’t tickle everyone’s fancy. And, of course, you don’t need meat to have a tasty slider! A veggie burger, creamy Avo, and juicy melted cheese on buttery bread can taste just as good as a meaty burger. Maybe it tastes even better! I guess you’ll have to try it yourself to find out!
- Roast Beef Sliders with Horsreadish Sauce from An Affair From the Heart: Layers of deli roast beef with mozzarella and pepper jack cheeses pair perfectly with the Worcestershire sauce marinade.
- Taco Sliders from Dinner at the Zoo: Taco meet and cheddar cheese on slider rolls brushed with garlic butter sound like a totally amazing snack or meal. I bet they would be really fabulous with store-bought or homemade guacamole. (Pictured above).
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders from Homemade Interest: Chicken tenders topped with marinara sauce and loaded with shredded mozzarella cheese cook up gooey and delicious!
- Carolina BBQ Pork Sliders from Recipe Girl: The best BBQ slider you’ll find in good old Southern cuisine! Even better is that you get to make this in the comfort of your own kitchen. This easy-to-follow recipe will brighten up game day or a picnic basket.
Crave-Worthy Condiments and Toppings
Try one of these amazing sauces to make your sliders sing!
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Lime Mayonnaise
- Sautéed Peppers and Onions
- Spicy Ketchup
- Brown or Dijon Mustard
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Pico de Gallo
- Green Chiles
- Homemade Burger Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
- Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- Basil Pesto
- Grilled Pineapple
- Pickled Red Onions
- Homemade Salsa
What to Serve with Sliders
More Delicious Party Recipes
These are some of my most favorite recipes to serve for parties - especially on game day. I hope you get a chance to try one of these slider recipes, along with one or two of these scrumptious nibbles soon!
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken - this stuff is amazing on nachos, or of course, sliders!
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken Wings - these baked wings are totally delicious.
- Garlic Cheese Bombs - perfect for parties, and this can be made ahead of time.
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Skins - classic potato skins are a must have for game day!
- Ground Beef Cheese Dip - melted cheese, spicy beef and a whole lot of delicious flavor!
- Garlic Chicken Wings with Cowboy Butter - crispy wings drenched in delicious garlic butter.
- Chili Potato Skins - this is a great way to use up leftover chili!
- Cheesy Spinach Dip with Garlic Roll Dippers - creamy cheese spinach dip with garlic rolls all in one skillet!