Pineapple Mango Salsa Recipe - with fresh pineapple, mango, red onion, and jalapeno seasoned with lime juice and just a pinch of salt, this is one tasty salsa that you're going to want to put on just about everything!
There's nothing better than a freshly made salsa with chips for a snack, but mango pineapple salsa is something really special. It's sweet and spicy with just a little tartiness from the pineapple and lime juice. You're going to love putting this on grilled chicken, fish tacos, and even grilled pork! This salsa is so versatile that you can even mix it with rice to make a more hearty tropical side dish.
It's the perfect addition to any summer menu and you can adjust the level of heat easily. I suggest making it "by the recipe" the first time and then add more peppers or more fruit to adjust it to your tastes. I know you will love it!
- Fresh pineapple
- Red onion
- Jalapeño peppers
Red bell pepper
This is meant to be a brief overview of how to make pineapple mango salsa. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below.
- Dice the pineapple and mango.
- Combine the pineapple and mango with the minced red onion and jalapeno pepper.
- If you are using red pepper and/or cilantro, add that to the bowl also.
- Season with the juice of one lime and salt to taste.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Not sure how to cut a pineapple or a mango?
😋 Similar Recipes
Next time, try one of these delicious recipes:
- Not a fan of pineapple? Try our Homemade Mango Salsa instead!
- Sweet Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salsa is the perfect way to dress up grilled.
- Strawberry Peach Salsa is an unexpected combination that is absolutely incredible on grilled pork chops.
- Of course, there's always the traditional Fresh Tomato Salsa for those that love the classic!
Related: Fresh Homemade Salsa Recipes
The first time you try any new recipe we recommend that you make it just as it is written on the recipe card since that is how the pineapple mango salsa recipe has been tested. However, the next time you make our recipe, you might want to try one of these ideas:
- Substitute the cilantro with other fresh herbs like diced green onions or chopped parsley.
- Add in 1 cup of rinsed and drained black beans.
- For a more spicy pineapple mango salsa, swap out the jalapeno peppers for serrano peppers.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
While you can enjoy fresh pineapple mango salsa with a big bowl of tortilla chips, there are lots of other ways to use it also. Serve this yummy salsa over grilled chicken breasts or alongside BBQ Chicken Tacos. It is also delicious with Baja Fish Tacos and Strip Steak Tacos.
You could also use this delicious salsa on top of our baked tilapia recipe.
Not ready to make this tropical pineapple mango salsa yet?
When you do make it, please come back and comment and leave me a 5 star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Pineapple Mango Salsa
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pineapple fresh, peeled and core removed
- 2 mangoes peeled and core removed
- 1 red onion small, minced
- 1 jalapeno seeds and core removed, minced
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro optional, chopped
- 1 red pepper optional, seeded and diced
- Dice the pineapple and mango into small pieces.1 pineapple, 2 mangoes
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple and mango with the red onion and jalapeno pepper.1 red onion, 1 jalapeno
- If you are using red pepper and/or cilantro, add that to the bowl also.¼ cup fresh cilantro, 1 red pepper
- Season with the juice of one lime and salt to taste.1 lime, ½ teaspoon salt
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.