My BBQ Chicken Tacos Recipe is perfect for Taco Tuesday or any night of the week! These slow cooker tacos are super easy and so delicious!
Our BBQ Chicken Tacos Recipe starts with this simple recipe for Crockpot Barbecue Chicken. Honestly, they're about the easiest tacos to make ever! you might want to add a dash of your favorite Taco Seasoning to the chicken while it cooks.
These tacos are so flavorful and are the perfect upgrade to your Cinco de Mayo or Taco Tuesday. I know your family will love them.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- BBQ sauce (store-bought or homemade) – I use my favorite Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Brown sugar
- Smoked paprika (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red onion
- Shredded lettuce
- Flour tortillas or corn tortillas
To Make the BBQ Chicken
- In a large slow cooker, add sauces, brown sugar, and spices. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts to the crock and pour the sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- When the chicken is done cooking, shred it using two forks.
To Make the BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Warm up your tortillas - either in the microwave or in a low oven.
- Place a warmed tortilla on a plate.
- Top with BBQ chicken, lettuce, and mango salsa.
If you're short on time, grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery and shred it. Toss the shredded chicken with barbecue sauce.
I like to serve these chicken tacos with Homemade Mango Salsa or Pineapple Salsa. but you could also use Pico de Gallo or just fresh Guacamole. Some people love fresh cilantro on top, but if you don't, you can substitute parsley as well.
Load up on all your favorite toppings like sour cream or sliced avocado, too.
Need side dish ideas for your next Taco Tuesday? You'll love the flavorful ideas we've rounded up a list of our favorite Taco Bar Side Dishes.
Black beans are a great addition to these tacos. It's also a great way to add more antioxidants to your diet.
You can use any kind of barbecue sauce you prefer. My favorite bbq sauce is a little bit sweet with just a hint of spice. You can also add chili powder if you like additional heat.
Walking Taco Bake is another great weeknight meal that's fast, easy, and so delicious!
BBQ Chicken Tacos Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the BBQ Chicken
- cilantro optional
- shredded cheddar cheese optional
- shredded lettuce optional
For the Tacos
- 16 Soft taco flour tortillas
To Make the Chicken
- In a large slow cooker, add the BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 cup Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, salt and pepper, smoked paprika
- Then, add the chicken breasts to the crock and spoon the sauce mixture over the top.
- Secure the cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- When the chicken is done cooking, carefully shred it using two forks. Alternatively, you can put it into a stand mixer with the paddle attachment to break up the meat.
To Make the Tacos
- Place a warmed tortilla on a plate.16 Soft taco flour tortillas
- Top with BBQ chicken, mango salsa, shredded lettuce and cheese.shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce
- Top with cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
- Frozen chicken breast should be thawed before being cooked in a slow cooker.
- We do not recommend cooking chicken from frozen.
- Chicken should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165-degrees F according to FoodSafety.gov.
- This can also be cooked on low for 6-½ hours.
- You can chop your ingredients as large or small as you like. Use fresh lime juice for the best flavor! If you don’t care for cilantro, substitute parsley.
- You can add homemade taco seasoning to the chicken as it cooks for extra flavor
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
Want to add this recipe to your meal plan? Download our free printable meal plan here.
👉 Be sure to check out all our meal plan ideas here.