This Sweet Corn, Tomato + Avocado Salsa is the perfect summer side dish to serve with grilled chicken or steak at your next cookout! This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. #SunshineSweetCorn #IC #ad
I love visiting the Farmer’s Market in the summer to pick up some local corn on the cob for dinner. It’s always a family outing with everyone picking out their favorite fresh foods – and of course bakery items, too. But here in New England, there won’t be local corn for months. The best way to get sweet fresh corn is to visit your local grocery store to purchase non-GMO Sunshine Sweet Corn. It’s grown in Florida so you don’t have to wait for summer, making it easy to cook with this healthy – and delicious – ingredient!
I’m excited to share with you this recipe I found on the Sunshine Sweet Corn website for Sweet Corn, Tomato + Avocado Salsa. I’ve tweaked the recipe just a tad, as I’ve been known to do. It’s a beautiful, fresh and delicious dish for summer – plus, it’s perfect Cinco de Mayo. In a way, I feel like Cinco de Mayo is the unofficial start of summer. It’s the perfect time to invite friends over for scrumptious meal. If you make this salsa, I promise your friends will be impressed! In fact, Mr. Juggling Act ate two helpings the first time I served it. The sweet tender corn is the perfect compliment to the creamy avocado and acidic tomato flavors. Your family and friends will it!
Sweet Corn, Tomato + Avocado Salsa
Here’s how easy it is to make this delicious Sweet Corn, Tomato + Avocado Salsa:
Sweet Corn, Tomato + Avocado Salsa
- 4 ears corn roasted and kernels removed from the cob
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 large avocado peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped fine
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped finely
- 1 lime juiced (plus more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon powdered cumin
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper minced
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- The easiest way, I think, to take corn off the cob is to put a cereal bowl upside down inside of a larger mixing bowl. Place the corn upright on the smaller bowl and cut vertically. The kernels will fall into the larger bowl and you won’t have a giant mess!
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and gently stir to combine.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste.
The easiest way, I think, to take corn off the cob is to put a cereal bowl upside down inside of a larger mixing bowl. Place the corn upright on the smaller bowl and cut vertically. The kernels will fall into the larger bowl and you won’t have a giant mess!
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and gently stir to combine.
Adjust seasoning to your taste.
So don’t worry if your local corn isn’t in season yet, Sunshine Sweet Corn is readily available! Check out Sunshine Sweet Corn online at Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and Instagram. I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe with your family! If you give it a try, be sure to leave me a comment and let me know what you think, or post a pic on Instagram and tag me at @jugglingactmama and use hashtag #JugglingActMamaRecipe.
Check out these other tasty recipes perfect for Cinco de Mayo!
There are so many mouth-watering recipes out there for Cinco de Mayo, it’s hard to choose just one or two. Here are a couple of my favorites that I’ve shared here. Enjoy!
More Great Recipes