You'll love this sweet and sour Berry Margarita Recipe with fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. It is truly one of the Best Cinco de Mayo Cocktails.
So I admit that when it comes to cocktails (or any alcohol) I am a lightweight of epic proportions. I don't drink just anything, I drink stuff that tastes good because let's face it, I'm not in college anymore. I'm a sophisticated adult that enjoys a quality adult beverage. Okay, so maybe I'm not sophisticated, but you get the idea.
When it comes to enjoying an afternoon in the backyard with friends during the summer season, I enjoy having ample options for my guests. A margarita is a delicious treat to serve as a beverage option for your adult guests.
Learning how to make a strawberry margarita at home will cut the costs involved in going to the bar or having to order pre-mixed options at the liquor store.
This strawberry margarita recipe includes fresh fruit such as blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries for the perfect fruity blend that will surely please your taste buds.
- Triple Sec
- Fresh Strawberries, Blackberries and Raspberries
- Lemon and Lime
- Sweet and Sour Mix
- Margarita Salt
This is meant to be a brief overview of the Berry Margarita recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- Run a lime wedge around the rim and dip into margarita salt.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add tequila, triple sec and lime juice. Shake to combine.
- Strain the cocktail over the glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions (and answers!) readers often ask about this recipe.
1. Pour equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
3. Cool the syrup before using in a cocktail.
4. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
This is a pretty easy process. If you're looking to make your strawberry margarita in a blender then all you need to do is place salt around the rim of your margarita glasses.
Combine your strawberry margarita recipe ingredients into the blender. Fill the blender with ice cubes. Blend until the margarita is smooth.
- Use all of one type of berries, such as all blackberries for a blackberry margarita.
- Switch up the Margarita salt for rimming sugar.
- Add a scoop of frozen lemon sorbet for a dessert cocktail.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
These margaritas are a tasty drink for parties, game day and just because! Try it with one of our yummy Mexican recipes:
📋 Berry Margarita Recipe
Not ready to make it yet? Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! When you do make it, please be sure to tag me on Instagram @jugglingactmama or #jugglingactmama – I’d love to see your pictures! And finally, if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 2 oz Cointreau
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries hulled
- ¼ cup blackberries and raspberries
- juice from half lemon
- juice from half lime
- 8 oz sweet and sour mix
- Margarita Salt
- Simple Syrup
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Start by preparing the glassware. Using two small plates, pour the margarita salt onto one plate and simple syrup on the other plate. Take your glassware and dip the rims in the simple syrup and then the margarita sanding sugar and set to the side. Then, fill your glasses with ice ¾ of the way full.
- Remove the stems from the raspberries and blueberries. Hull the strawberries. Combine the berries in the blender with the lemon and lime juice. Puree for 10 seconds.
- To the blender, add 3-4 pieces of ice, tequila, triple sec, and sweet and sour mix. Pulse to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the glasses, and top each off with a Cointreau float. Garnish with a lime wheel.
- Pour equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Cool the syrup before using in a cocktail.