Strip steak tacos with guacamole is a favorite Mexican dish that you can easily make at home. They’re perfect for an easy family dinner, or a crowd!
I just love cooking with my cast iron skillet. It’s so versatile and I love that it can go from the stovetop to the oven in a flash if needed. Now a cast iron pan might not be the first thing you think of when I say I’m making tacos, right? But these aren’t any old boring tacos, these are strip steak tacos! Searing the meat in the cast iron skillete means you’re going to have uber flavorful tacos.
As you may know, strip steak is a very lean cut of meat. The less fatty the meat, the more tender it will be. That’s why I love making these strip steak tacos with guacamole, the meat is so tender! These strip steak tacos are great for a crowd. And when you add my husband’s favorite Homemade Guacamole, it’s like heaven on a plate!
- 1 Strip steak, 8 oz.
- ¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ Jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Condiments such as Sour cream, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, guacamole
- 1. Be sure the meat is at room temperature before you begin
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, oil, lime juice, and jalapeno
- 3. Season the steak with seasoned salt and pepper
- 4. On a plate, cover the steak on both side with the cilantro marinade. Let sit for 10 minutes
- 5. In a fry pan (cast iron is preferred), place a tiny bit of oil, and heat the pan very hot
- 6. Place the steak in the pan and do not move it for 3 ½ minutes. Flip the steak and cook for another 3 ½ minutes.
- 7. Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- 8. Slice the steak in thin slices on the diagonal. Lay in the center of a tortilla and garnish with preferred toppings.
These tacos are both kid and husband friendly, and would be a perfect main meal at your game day party or Cinco de Mayo fiesta. Tacos are such a great dish to serve for a crowd. The best part is that everyone can customize their taco to their own liking! You cannot miss with this recipe.