This unique Strawberry Salsa Recipe adds sweet depth of flavor to a classic.
Salsa is a classic summer side, but before you reach for a jar of your favorite from the store, try this delicious Strawberry Salsa recipe instead.
Who doesn't love salsa? But even if it's your favorite fresh snack, it's nice to switch it up occasionally. That's what lead me to this recipe.
Why does it work so well? It might seem an odd choice for salsa, but strawberries add sweetness, mellow the heat of the jalapeño, and pair well with lime. I chose red onion for their sweeter flavor as well. No bitter onion here!
Even my kids love it. Let me show you how to make it.
- red onion
- sea salt
This is meant to be a brief overview of this great recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
Here's how to make strawberry salsa:
- Chop the strawberries, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- In a large bowl, add the juice of 1 large lime and toss in your strawberries, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Season to taste with sea salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to let the flavors come together.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make this easy recipe:
- Santoku Knife
- Mixing Bowls
- Cutting Board
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
- Strawberries go so well with many fruits. Try adding 1 cup of chopped peaches, apples, mango or pineapple if you like.
- For a slightly more savory salsa, add 1 cup of chopped tomatoes. You may want to add a little more lime juice to the salsa as well.
- If you are not a fan of cilantro, simply replace it with fresh chopped parsley instead.
- Top your favorite steak, chicken, or pork with this salsa just before serving.
- Serve straight up with tortilla chips, or mix together with 1 cup of sour cream for a creamy dip.
- Add a block of cream cheese topped with this sweet and spicy salsa to your cheeseboard.
Next time, try one of these delicious recipes:
Low Carb Note
When it comes to berries, strawberries have the fewest carbs. Serve this delicious salsa with your favorite veggie chips or protein chips for a fabulous snack. It's a great way to dress up your grilled chicken and pork, too.
Strawberry Salsa Recipe
Spicy and Sweet Strawberry Salsa
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups strawberries chopped
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced (keep some seeds if you prefer extra heat)
- juice of a large lime
- 4 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Pinch of sea salt to taste
- Chop all of your ingredients, except the lime, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, juice one lime. Remember to remove any seeds!
- Add your chopped ingredients to the mixing bowl and toss.
- Add a pinch of sea salt to taste. Less is best to start. Taste as you go along.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving so the flavors marry.
- Serve with chips and or use to top your favorite grilled meat.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
This is CRAZY good! I don't like cilantro so I used basil instead since I have tons of it in my garden.
It came out awesome! Pinning this to make again, thank you!