My Steak Bites with Garlic Butter are an easy main dish that's full of delicious, savory flavor and ready in just 15 minutes! Just pair it with your favorite side like Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar and dinner is done!
I wouldn't say our family is strictly a meat and potatoes family, however, we do love a good steak dinner. What I do not like is the price of a steak dinner for four people.
This recipe for Steak Bites with Garlic Butter makes a more expensive cut of meat go a little further, especially if you serve it with some hearty side dishes.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe
These garlic steak bites stretch your protein budget in the most delicious way. Savory garlic, onion, and thyme combined with Worchestershire and soy sauce make the strip steak practically sing with flavor. Put that together with a yummy garlic butter sauce and you've got a crowd-pleaser on your hands.
Before you get started, make sure you grab the recipe for Cowboy Butter and throw a batch in the fridge. You're going to want plenty. Trust me on this. It adds so much flavor and you can use it dozens of ways!
If you prefer, you could use Ruth Chris steak butter, garlic basil butter, or even garlic chive butter.
- strip steak
- olive oil
- fresh thyme
- Worcestershire Sauce
- soy sauce
- fresh garlic
- onion powder
This is meant to be a brief overview of the recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients for the steak bites marinade.
- Next, cut steak into bite-size 1-inch cubes and add to the marinade.
- Marinate for at least 20 minutes - up to overnight.
- Heat olive oil in large cast iron skillet.
- Then, drain the marinade off of steak bites and add the meat to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until steak is golden brown.
- After that, add Cowboy Butter and fresh thyme to the skillet.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to coat the steak in the butter sauce.
- Serve with vegetable of your choice and extra Cowboy Butter for an amazing meal!
REMEMBER: Beef should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 145-degrees F according to FoodSafety.gov. Remember you always want to allow your beef to rest for three minutes.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
When you have an amazing protein like this, the sky is the limit on side dishes. Buttery Dinner Rolls make a great addition to juicy garlic butter steak bites, which you can serve with Zucchini Noodles, Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes, or Garlic Green Beans.
If you really want to up the ante on your decadent meal, try this Loaded Baked Potato Casserole recipe.
And don't forget to serve my Cowboy Butter Dipping Sauce on the side for even more flavor.
😋 Similar Recipes
Next time, try one of these tasty recipes:
- Petite Sirloin Steak - wow guests with this delicious dinner recipe.
- Grilling Sirloin Steak Tips - the perfect easy Summer supper.
- Grilled Top Sirloin Steak - the perfect marinade of Worcestershire, olive oil, garlic powder, and our famous Cowboy Steak Rub to get juicy, mouthwatering steaks every time.
📋 Steak Bites with Garlic Butter
Not ready to make Steak Bites with Garlic Butter yet? Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
When you do make it, please be sure to tag me on Instagram @jugglingactmama or #jugglingactmama – I’d love to see your pictures! And finally, if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound strip steak
- 3 tablespoons Cowboy Butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients for the marinade¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce, ¼ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup olive oil, 3 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Cut steak into bite-size pieces and add to the marinade1 pound strip steak
- Stir until well coated
- Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes
- Heat olive oil in large or cast iron skillet
- Drain the marinade off of steak bites
- Add steak to skillet and cook in a single layer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until steak is golden brown1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add 3 tablespoons Cowboy Butter and fresh thyme to steak, cook for 1-2 minutes, stir to coat the steak in the butter sauce3 tablespoons Cowboy Butter, 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, Salt and Pepper to taste
- Remove from pan to serving plate or bowl
- Serve with vegetable of your choice and extra Cowboy Butter
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
Want to add this recipe to your meal plan? Download our free printable meal plan here.
This recipe is included in Meal Plan 12 along with:
- Mediterranean sheet pan dinner
- crockpot hashbrown soup
- roasted garlic hummus
- slow cooker angel chicken
- big mac casserole
- banana pie
... and more!
Be sure to check out all our meal plan ideas here.
Heidi M says
This is our new favorite recipe, thank you!!