Garlic Basil Compound Butter adds big flavor, and dresses up any meal. It's easy to make, and oh-so-very good! If you loved my Cowboy Butter, you have to try this.
If you like making your own compound butters, you're going to love this recipe. With fresh minced garlic and basil, it's got so much great flavor. And let me just tell you that it makes THE. MOST. AMAZING. GARLIC BREAD. EVER. For real, folks, ah-mazing.
- 2 cups salted butter, room temperature
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- Get my super simple recipe for how to make Garlic Basil Compound Butter. You'll love this simple and delicious recipe:
- Add the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Whip the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from the mixer and add the minced garlic and chopped basil. Use a spatula to fold the garlic and basil into the butter.
- Spread the butter mixture onto a piece of parchment paper about 4 inches long, by 2 inches wide. Roll the butter up in the parchment paper to make a long. Refrigerate until firm before cutting into slices.
(Alternatively, you can also transfer the Garlic Basil Compound Butter into an airtight container such as a mason jar).
Check out more amazing compound butter recipes:
Tomato Basil Compound Butter is my favorite for quick pasta dishes.
Cranberry Butter makes a great addition to your holiday dishes.
My Cowboy Butter, adapted from The Pioneer Woman, is a reader favorite!
My Simple Dill Compound Butter is great for seafood dishes especially!
No brunch spread is complete without this Maple Bacon Butter!
Ok, so I'm a little obsessed with making these flavorful DIY 'condiments.' I've been making my own compound butters like this for years. They add so much flavor to your dishes (like my Petite Sirloin). They're especially nice when you're having company, because they look so fancy. But, I promise you, these are very easy to make! And as a bonus, they're a great way to use up extra fresh herbs. These compound butters will last in the refrigerator for several months.
Now, if you love this Garlic Basil Compound Butter recipe, you can follow my Pinterest board for lots of inspiration! I just love making my own condiments and spice mixes at home. They make really wonderful gifts for friends and family, too!
This recipe was originally published on Kids Activities Blog.