Whether you make this Bacon & Garlic Cauliflower Mash as part of a holiday or everyday meal, your family is sure to love it!
#ad – Thank you to Oakhurst for sponsoring today’s delicious post. I am an Oakhurst #SoWorthIt Brand Ambassador. As always, all opinions are my own.
My family loves mashed potatoes and it’s something we enjoy frequently at the dinner table. More and more I’m seeing delicious looking cauliflower dishes as an alternative to mashed potatoes. I decided to give it a try! My Bacon and Garlic Cauliflower Mash has all the great flavor of classic mashed potatoes. It’s rich and delicious. You’ll be absolutely amazed when you taste it! Perhaps more importantly, when you set this vegetable side dish down in front of your family, they’ll be grinning from ear to ear. They won’t miss their traditional mashed potatoes one bit. And I have to say, their smiles make the little bit of extra work to cook up this recipe #SoWorthIt.
As a mom, every day comes with it’s own set of challenges and joys. Each day is as unique as each of my children. And while you can’t be prepared for everything, I like to think I juggle my tasks to meet my priorities as a mom first and foremost. I like to have a few make ahead dishes in my fridge or freezer whenever I can. Being able to pull out something quickly, even just one component of a meal makes life so much easier to manage.
This recipe is one of our top Thanksigiving side dishes! Find more Make Ahead Thanksgiving Side Dishes here.
Bacon & Garlic Cauliflower Mash
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 head cauliflower (about 4 cups chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Oakhurst Butter
- 3 tablespoons Oakhurst Sour Cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Oakhurst Heavy Cream
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley or chives for garnish
- Add the cauliflower to a large pot and cover with water. Add a dash of salt and bring to a boil. Cook until the cauliflower is fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Mash the cauliflower until smooth.
- While you wait for the cauliflower, fry the bacon in a skillet until very crisp. Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the cauliflower mash with the butter, sour cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Whip until blended. Stream in the heavy cream to achieve desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fold in 2/3 of the bacon and then transfer to a serving dish. Top with remaining bacon and parsley or chives. Serve hot.
Make Ahead Option:
Prepare the dish without the bacon up to 2 days prior and store in the refrigerator. Warm in the oven, then add in bacon just before serving.
More Delicious Recipes: