40 Minute Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner! When you need an easy-to-make, delicious meal ready in minutes. Plus, one pan means easy clean up. This will be a new family favorite!
If you like this recipe, check out our Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner, too!
Recipes that use just one pot or pan are my most favorite. This Sheet Pan Chorizo Sausage Dinner is quick and easy, and clean up is a snap!
Sheet pans meals are such a super easy way to get a great meal on the table fast without a ton of dishes and mess to clean up afterward.
And for a different kind of one pan dish, try my Sausage and Potato Casserole.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe
There are two main reasons I love doing sheet pan meals:
✔ Simple to Prep Ahead
✔ Easy to Clean Up
First of all, I hate to do dishes - you too, right?!!
Secondly, this is a great meal you can prep ahead of time to save yourself a few minutes. Chop the peppers and onion and store them in the refrigerator. You can also slice the sausage ahead of time. I recommend dicing the potatoes juice before cooking, however.
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions (and answers!) readers often ask about this recipe.
Chorizo is a Mexican sausage that is made with cured and smoked pork and seasoned with Spanish paprika, which has a smoky flavor.
Garlic, oregano, cumin and coriander all go well with chorizo, but in this dish, I just used granulated garlic and ground cumin. Himalayan sea salt has a smokiness to it that I think pairs really well with this sausage dinner also.
- Chorizo Sausage - super flavorful, though you can also use chicken or Italian sausage.
- Potatoes - I recommend baby potatoes so you don't have to peel them.
- Orange and Yellow Bell Peppers - to add a nice sweet flavor.
- Red Onion - super mild, but pretty and flavorful, these caramelize so nicely!
- Grape Tomatoes - for a fresh, sweet pop of flavor.
- Jalapeno - add the perfect amount of spice.
- Limes - just a squeeze at the end, brightens the flavors!
- Avocado for serving, optional - adds meaty rich flavor.
- Parsley or Cilantro for serving, optional - just a bit minced and
spinkledover the top will really brighten the flavors!
From the Pantry:
- Olive Oil - will add rich flavor.
- Ground Cumin - for earthy spice.
- Granulated Garlic - perfect for a savory meal
- Himalayan Salt, optional - adds smoky salty flavor.
- Salt and Pepper - to taste and season your meal.
This is meant to be a brief overview of this sheet pan dinner recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
Please be sure to read the directions fully before starting to cook for this recipe.
The tomatoes are added at the end so they don't overcook. They just need a few minutes to blister and develop a little flavor. You don't want them to become mush!
- Preheat the oven, line your baking sheet.
- Chop the peppers, onions
andpotatoes. Toss with olive oil and season.
- Slice the chorizo.
- Spread the sliced chorizo and the potato mixture on the sheet pan, in a single even layer. Top with sliced jalapeno.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and add the tomatoes. Return to the oven set to broil and cook for another 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it so nothing burns.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Top with
a squeezethe juice of 1 lime over the entire tray.
- Garnish with slices of avocado, limes and chopped parsley or cilantro.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤ ❤ ❤
The most important thing you need for this recipe is a really good sheet pan. I use the this Nordic Ware Rimmed Baking Sheet because it's durable and affordable. Line it with parchment or aluminum foil and you barely have any cleanup! Love that!
Here are some other items that you may need:
Love this meal? I knew you would! After you make this, try some different versions and see what you like best. Here are some ideas:
- Substitute the chorizo for Sweet Italian sausage, leave out the potatoes and tomatoes and load up your tray with onions and peppers for a low carb meal, or serve on sub rolls.
- Use kelbasa and and add zucchini or summer squash and sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese for baking.
- Instead of chorizo, use chicken sausage with red peppers, green beans and broccoli, along with the potatoes.
- Turkey sausage would also be good with sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
Rather than dinner, this recipe can easily be breakfast, or breakfast for dinner (my favorite!) Just add a fried egg on top and you're good to go.
Or, for an on-the-go breakfast, scramble a couple of eggs and fold the sausage mixture into a tortilla with the egg for a fast breakfast burrito.
You can also add the leftovers to a frittata! Perfect when don't have enough leftovers for an entire meal!
😋 Similar Recipes
Likewise, if you love this easy sheet pan dinner method, check out some of our other one pan recipes - even for breakfast!
- Sheet Pan Pancakes with Pancake Mix
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Turkey Breast Recipe for a Sheet Pan Dinner
- Caprese Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner with Seasonal Vegetables
- Mediterranean Chicken Thighs Sheet Pan Dinner
- One Pan Chicken & Potatoes Dinner
- Easy Sheet Pan Dinners
Not ready to make this yummy meal yet? Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later! When you do make it, please be sure to tag me on Instagram @jugglingactmama or #jugglingactmama – I’d love to see your pictures! And finally, if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Chorizo Sausage sliced
- 6 Potatoes chopped
- 1 Orange Pepper chopped
- 1 Yellow Pepper chopped
- 1 small Red Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeno sliced thinly
- 1-2 Limes
- 1 Avocado for serving optional
- Parsley or Cilantro for serving optional
- Sea or Himalayan Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Toss the peppers, onions and potatoes with the olive oil. Season with ground cumin and granulated garlic.
- Next, add the sliced chorizo and the potato mixture to the sheet pan, taking care that the ingredients are in a single even layer. Add the jalapeno slices on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the potatoes are almost tender. Remove from the oven and add the tomatoes. Return to the oven set to broil and cook for another 5 minutes. Be sure to watch it so nothing burns!
- After the potatoes are tender and everything is nice and golden, remove the pan from the oven. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the entire tray.
- Finally, garnish with slices of avocado, limes and chopped parsley or cilantro.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.