40 Minute Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner! When you need an easy-to-make, delicious meal ready in minutes. This will be a new family favorite!
Sheet Pan Sausage Dinner
Recipes that use just one pot or pan are my most favorite. This Sheet Pan Chorizo Sausage Dinner is quick and easy, and clean up is a snap!
Sheet pans meals are such a super easy way to get a great meal on the table fast without a ton of dishes and mess to clean up afterward. There are two main reasons I love doing sheet pan meals:
✔ Simple to Prep Ahead
✔ Easy to Clean Up
First of all, I hate to do dishes – you too, right?!!
Secondly, this is a great meal you can prep ahead of time to save yourself a few minutes. Chop the peppers and onion and store them in the refrigerator. You can also slice the sausage ahead of time. I recommend dicing the potatoes juice before cooking, however.
Ingredients for Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Chorizo Sausage – super flavorful, though you can also use chicken or Italian sausage.
- Potatoes – I recommend baby potatoes so you don’t have to peel them.
- Orange and Yellow Bell Peppers – to add a nice sweet flavor.
- Red Onion – super mild, but pretty and flavorful, these caramelize so nicely!
- Grape Tomatoes – for a fresh, sweet pop of flavor.
- Jalapeno – add the perfect amount of spice.
- Limes – just a squeeze at the end, brightens the flavors!
- Avocado for serving, optional – adds meaty rich flavor.
- Parsley or Cilantro for serving, optional – just a bit minced and
spinkledover the top will really brighten the flavors!
From the Pantry:
- Olive Oil – will add rich flavor.
- Ground Cumin – for earthy spice.
- Granulated Garlic – perfect for a savory meal
- Himalayan Salt, optional – adds smokey salty flavor.
- Salt and Pepper – to taste and season your meal.
Sheet Pan Dinner Ingredients
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
You need a good sheet pan. I use the this Nordic Ware Rimmed Baking Sheet because it’s durable and affordable. Line it with parchment or aluminum foil and you barely have any cleanup! Love that!
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $13.98Was: $39.99
Sheet Pan Dinner Sausage
What is Chorizo Sausage?
Chorizo is a Mexican sausage that is made with cured and smoked pork and seasoned with Spanish paprika, which has a smoky flavor.
Garlic, oregano, cumin and coriander all go well with chorizo, but in this dish, I just used granulated garlic and ground cumin. Himalayan sea salt has a smokiness to it that I think pairs really well with this sausage dinner also.
Certainly there are other types of sausage that will work as well. If you can’t find chorizo, you can use hot Italian sausage, but it will have more of a fennel flavor to it, so you’ll want to add a little paprika to your recipe.
Sheet Pan Chorizo Sausage Dinner
Please be sure to read the directions fully before starting to cook for this recipe.
The tomatoes are added at the end so they don’t overcook. They just need a few minutes to blister and develop a little flavor. You don’t want them to become mush!
Steps to make Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Preheat the oven, line your baking sheet.
- Chop the peppers, onions
andpotatoes. Toss with olive oil and season.
- Slice the chorizo.
- Spread the sliced chorizo and the potato mixture on the sheet pan, in a single even layer. Top with sliced jalapeno.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and add the tomatoes. Return to the oven set to broil and cook for another 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it so nothing burns.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Top with
aqueezethe juice of 1 lime over the entire tray.
- Garnish with slices of avocado, limes and chopped parsley or cilantro.
Love this meal? I knew you would! After you make this, try some different versions and see what you like best. Here are some ideas:
Sausage Dinner Recipe Variations:
- Substitute the chorizo for Sweet Italian sausage, leave out the potatoes and tomatoes and load up your tray with onions and peppers for a low carb meal, or serve on sub rolls.
- Use kelbasa and and add zucchini or summer squash and sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese for baking.
- Instead of chorizo, use chicken sausage with red peppers, green beans and broccoli, along with the potatoes.
Sausage One Pan Dinner
Make it for Breakfast!
Rather than dinner, this recipe can easily be breakfast, or breakfast for dinner (my favorite!) Just add a fried egg on top and you’re good to go.
Or, for an on-the-go breakfast, scramble a couple of eggs and fold the sausage mixture into a tortilla with the egg for a fast breakfast burrito.
You can also add the leftovers to a frittata! Perfect when don’t have enough leftovers for an entire meal!
Our Best Sheet Pan Meals
Likewise, if you love this easy sheet pan dinner method, check out some of our other one pan recipes:
More Sheet Pan Meals
Don’t these recipes look amazing? Click on the link below, here are the recipes reading from left to right:
Still not what you’re looking for? Here are a few more of my favorites!
Sheet Pan Jerk Chicken with Pineapple – Seasonal Cravings – This dish is full of sweet-spicy flavor that’s ready in under 30 minutes! Or this Hearty Potato Sausauge Casserole is a real family favorite! Perfect for potlucks as it feeds a crowd and it’s super easy to make!
Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Chorizo Sausage sliced
- 6 Potatoes chopped
- 1 Orange Pepper chopped
- 1 Yellow Pepper chopped
- 1 small Red Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeno sliced thinly
- 1-2 Limes
- 1 Avocado for serving optional
- Parsley or Cilantro for serving optional
- Sea or Himalayan Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Toss the peppers, onions and potatoes with the olive oil. Season with ground cumin and granulated garlic.
- Next, add the sliced chorizo and the potato mixture to the sheet pan, taking care that the ingredients are in a single even layer. Add the jalapeno slices on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the potatoes are almost tender. Remove from the oven and add the tomatoes. Return to the oven set to broil and cook for another 5 minutes. Be sure to watch it so nothing burns!
- After the potatoes are tender and everything is nice and golden, remove the pan from the oven. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the entire tray.
- Finally, garnish with slices of avocado, limes and chopped parsley or cilantro.