Pork Lettuce Wraps are a snap to make and are the perfect weeknight meal for busy families! For an Asian Slow Cooker option, try my Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Recipe.
In our house, it's all about convenience. With long work days and hectic kid schedules, I don't usually have time to make elaborate dinners during the week. That's why I love meal prepping and make ahead dinners. Our Pork Lettuce Wraps recipe starts with our Classic Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. I pop it in my slow cooker on Saturday or Sunday and let it go.
This is versatile recipe uses boneless pork shoulder, but you can use any cut of pork that is suited to slow cooking. It is just perfect for make ahead meals. There are lots of ways to use this pulled pork, but today, I'm showing you how to make Pork Lettuce Wraps.
You just need a few ingredients from the pantry and a handful of fresh items and you're ready to assemble dinner. Really, this isn't so much a recipe as it is directions for assembly! No matter what you call it, it's totally delicious and your whole family will love it!
Pork Lettuce Wraps Shopping List:
- Boston or Bibb Lettuce
- Red Pepper
- Shredded Purple Cabbage and Shredded Carrot
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Vegetable Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Fresh Lime
- Fresh Ginger and Garlic
Our recipe has an Asian flavor profile. Down below, I've also given you some tips for how to change this up a little, for instance to add a little heat or smokiness.
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, such as this Slow Cooker, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Easy Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps
You're going to want to save this recipe because it's absolutely perfect for quick weeknight meals, and so very tasty.
Pork Lettuce Cups
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flake
- lime zest
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup red pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup cashew halves
- lime juice
- 12 Boston or Bibb Lettuce leaves
- 3 cups prepared pulled pork
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vegetable oil, lime zest. Add in the light brown sugar, ginger, garlic and red pepper flake. Mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the prepared pulled pork and toss to coat.
- In the same bowl, toss the cabbage, carrots and red pepper in lime juice.
- To assemble the pork lettuce cups, add ¼ cup of pulled pork to each lettuce leaf. Top with the cabbage, carrot, and red pepper mixture. Sprinkle with cashews and serve immediately.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
The meat can be served warm or cold in these pork lettuce cups. If you wish to heat it, just zap it in the microwave until warm BEFORE tossing with the soy sauce mixture.
Doesn't that just look so yummy? Don't take my word for it! Add this to your meal plan this week!
You can customize these to suit your own tastes. Try one of these yummy variations below:
- Substitute peanuts for the cashews
- Add a splash of sriracha for a kick of heat
- Use sesame seed oil instead of vegetable oil and top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Add ½ teaspoon of cumin for a hint of smokiness
- Use flour tortillas instead of lettuce leaves