This Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe has become a staple in our household. And why not? It's easy, scrumptious and perfect for a busy night, but also makes a great freezer meal, too!
If you like our honey butter chicken, you'll love this easy crockpot recipe!
When you come home to a house smelling like this Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe you'll thank me. This is one of my favorite easy recipes because it's not only delicious and simple, but something the whole family enjoys.
This tender chicken in honey garlic sauce is so amazing! Crock pot honey garlic chicken can be made with either boneless skinless chicken thighs or boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Tomato Paste
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Yellow Pepper
- Fresh Garlic
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Chicken Breasts or Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Sesame Seeds and Scallions (optional)
- White or Brown Rice or Noodles, for serving, if desired
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
This is meant to be a brief overview of the slow cooker honey garlic chicken recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- Whisk together the tomato paste, rice wine vinegar, honey, and soy sauce until smooth.
- Add in the diced vegetables and minced garlic. Add red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker on LOW to cook for 5 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, add the carrots and remove the chicken. Use two forks to pull it apart. Return to the slow cooker.
- In a small dish, make a slurry with cornstarch and water. This will thicken the sauce.
- Turn the heat up to high for 30 minutes.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions (and answers!) readers often ask about this Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken recipe.
Yes, just be sure to cook it to an inner temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This is true for any slow cooker chicken recipe.
It's not recommended. Slow cookers take too long to reach a safe temperature to kill bacteria in frozen meats.
This recipe uses breasts but chicken thighs work well too.
It is good stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for a few days.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
I like to serve this over brown or white rice with a garnish of sesame seeds and scallions (green onions). You could also serve it over noodles if you like. Steamed broccoli makes a great addition to this meal.
One of my favorite things about this honey garlic slow cooker chicken is that you can make a huge batch and use it for a bunch of meals. For example, make lettuce wraps, tacos, sandwiches, pizza or even nachos!
We recommend that you try our savory honey-garlic sauce and slow cooker chicken for the first time just as it is written for the best results, because that is how the recipe has been tested.
However, the next time you make it, you might consider one of these different ways of making this great recipe.
- You can easily substitute low sodium soy sauce to reduce the sodium in this easy recipe.
- Add 1 cup of chopped bell peppers to the crock pot.
- Substitute brown sugar for the honey.
- If you have fresh ginger on hand, add a teaspoon or so to the crockpot.
- Substitute pork chops for the chicken.
😋 Similar Recipes
I adore using my slow cooker, especially for easy weeknight recipes like Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli. Next time, try one of these slow cooker chicken recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Crockpot Taco Beef
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Recipe
- Pork Roast with Apples
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
You are sure to find another easy slow cooker recipe you love from these meals also:
📋 Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken
Give this delicious meal a try and let me know what you think - I'm betting it becomes a new family favorite just like at my house!
Not ready to make it yet? Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! When you do make it, please be sure to tag me on Instagram @jugglingactmama or #jugglingactmama – I’d love to see your pictures! And finally, if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1-½ tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1-½ cups honey
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced yellow pepper
- 1-½ tablespoons minced garlic about 3 cloves
- ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes optional
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 6 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 large carrots chopped
- Sesame seeds and Scallions for garnish optional
- Whisk together the tomato paste, rice wine vinegar, honey, and soy sauce until smooth.1-½ tablespoon tomato paste, 1-½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar, 1-½ cups honey, ¾ cup soy sauce
- Add in the onions, peppers, and minced garlic. Add red pepper flakes, if desired.¾ cup diced onion, ½ cup diced yellow pepper, 1-½ tablespoons minced garlic, ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to the slow cooker.Salt and pepper, 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs
- Set the slow cooker on low to cook for 5 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, add the carrots and remove the chicken. Use two forks to pull it apart. Return to the slow cooker.3 large carrots
- In a small dish, make a slurry with cornstarch and water. This will thicken the sauce.6 teaspoons cornstarch
- Turn the heat up to high for 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice with a garnish of sesame seeds and scallions if desired.Sesame seeds and Scallions for garnish
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Want to add this recipe to your meal plan? Download our free printable meal plan here.
Be sure to check out all our meal plan ideas here.