This is a Healthy Sweet Potato Soup recipe the whole family will love!
My name is Doree and I blog over at Top Notch Mom. I’m so excited to be a recipe contributor here on Juggling Act Mama. I’m all about quick and easy recipes over at Top Notch Mom. I have an 2 year old son that has lots of energy. The less time I have to spend in the kitchen and the more time I get to spend with him is what matters most to me.
Today I will be sharing my easy Sweet Potato Soup recipe. This meal will take you less than 30 minutes to make and it’s super delicious. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Soup:
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 onion – diced
- 1 TBS garlic – minced
- 3 C chicken broth
- 2 medium sweet potatoes – peeled and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat
2. Add onion and garlic, sauté until onion is translucent
3. Add chicken broth and cubed sweet potatoes
4. Bring to a simmer and cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes or until you can pierce potatoes with a fork
5. Add salt & pepper and puree in a blender
6. Stir in cream and serve