This Caramel Banana Bread is stuffed with sweet bananas and topped with an amazing caramel glaze. Finished with a pinch of sea salt this is the perfect sweet/salty bite! Guaranteed to be a family favorite after the first bite!
Table of contents
- Banana Bread with Caramel Icing
- Tips to Make the BEST Banana Bread
- Salted Caramel Banana Cake
Banana Bread with Caramel Icing
Today I have a recipe that uses one of my favorite flavors in the whole world! Salted Caramel! This Salted Caramel glazed Banana Bread is out of this world crazy good! If you love bananas foster then you’re in for a treat! Seriously you have to try this!
The addition of the Salted Caramel Glaze does make this recipe take a bit longer to prepare but I guarantee you it is worth all the extra time it takes to make this amazing salty-sweet treat!
This is perfect for a brunch or when your meeting with friends for a hot drink on a cool autumn morning. I love that you can use your overripe bananas in this bread and it freezes really well.
I like making quick bread in mini loaf pans and popping them in the freezer. Then you have something ready in the time it takes to thaw the small loaves. This makes it perfect to have on hand all the time.
Now you don’t have to use my banana bread recipe if you have a family favorite for banana bread. Use your favorite, but be sure and top it with the Salted Caramel Glaze. It’s that good!
Tips to Make the BEST Banana Bread
How ripe should the bananas be?
Start with super ripe bananas. The dark the peel, the sweeter the banana will be. The peel should be black. There’s no such thing as a too-ripe banana for baking!
Don’t have time to make the bread when the bananas are ready? Wrap the bananas in plastic wrap and freeze them until you’re ready to do some baking.
How do you quickly ripen bananas?
Store them in a brown paper bag at room temperature. They will ripen in just a couple of days!
How do you keep banana bread moist?
Once you’ve done the baking, the best way to keep the bread moist is to wrap it well in plastic wrap. Then refrigerate or freeze.
Why is my banana bread dry?
Using vegetable oil instead of butter and buttermilk will keep the bread from being dry. Oil emulsifies and coats the flour, preventing it from absorbing too much water which in turn will dry out the flour. This recipe is super moist!
Do you need to refrigerate banana bread?
Technically no, but I find it lasts longer (up to a week) when refrigerated. But on the other hand… it’s not like it’s going to last long anyway, right?
It’s just too delicious!
Salted Caramel Banana Cake
Ingredients for this recipe
- eggs and baking soda– to help the bread rise
- buttermilk and vegetable oil – will keep the bread moist
- bananas –
- white sugar – for sweetness
- all-purpose flour – all-purpose is great here, you don’t need anything fancy!
- kosher salt – to balance the sweetness
- unsalted butter, light brown sugar, whipping cream, powdered sugar – all this combines to make a delicious caramel glaze!
Steps to make Caramel Banana Bread
- Preheat the , prepare the baking dish.
- Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas. Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add to banana mixture and stir in pecans. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- When you pull the loaf out of the oven, prepare the glaze.
- Heat the butter and brown sugar to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in whipping cream. Remove from heat; add powdered sugar and salt. Immediately drizzle over loaf (glaze will harden quickly). Sprinkle with additional salt if desired.
More of my favorite sweet treats!
If you like Salted Caramel you might enjoy these recipes also. Salted Caramel Mocha Smoothie, Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars or Bourbon Soaked Apple Spice Cake with Salted Caramel!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Be sure to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
Have you already made and love this recipe? I knew you would!! Please be sure to leave a comment below with a five star rating, that would make my day! And if you’re over on Instagram, you can tag me with #jugglingactmama or @jugglingactymama so I get to see your photos!!
Salted Caramel Banana Bread
- For Bread
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For Glaze
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fleur de sel or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray one 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
- Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas. Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to banana mixture and stir in pecans. Mix well. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in whipping cream. Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Immediately drizzle over loaf (glaze will harden quickly). Y
- ou can sprinkle additional fleur de sel or kosher salt on top of the glaze.