There’s something so special about this Salted Caramel Mocha Protein Smoothie that you’ll forget it is a better-for-you recipe!
This Salted Caramel Mocha Protein Smoothie recipe was sponsored by Silk and Simply Pure Creamers and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. #CollectiveBias #SilkandSimplyPureCreamers #ad
Protein Smoothie Shopping List
This recipe starts with the Simply Pure Creamer, which I picked up from Walmart. Simply Pure includes only 5 simple ingredients, so the flavor really comes through and there’s no added junk. It’s made with real milk, cream, and sugar, and comes in two delicious flavors – Vanilla and Caramel. I love that these creamers have no artificial flavors or colors. Here’s the complete shopping list:
- Coffee (for brewing)
- Simply Pure Caramel Creamer
- Chocolate Protein Powder
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
They’re the perfect everyday creamer for so much more than just coffee. A little of the Simply Pure Vanilla into our pancake mix adds delicious flavor, and I love adding the Simply Pure Caramel into my oatmeal, too.
In this frozen protein smoothie, I’m using the caramel Simply Pure Creamer, blended with a frozen banana, brewed coffee and a few other delicious ingredients that add amazing flavor.
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
I use the Hamilton Beach Blender which works great for making smoothies. It has a variety of settings, including crushing ice and blending smoothies. We use this model daily and it has been holding up amazing.
For a list of some of my other favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Mornings are a blur around my house. I’m in a constant state of reminding someone to do something, constantly. You’d think my kids didn’t know what getting around for the day entailed. Between packing lunches, pleading for them to finish their breakfast and brush their teeth, and trying to finding matching shoes, I never get to sit for breakfast. Smoothies are where it’s at for me. It’s simple enough to toss stuff in the blender in between double checking homework folders. Plus, it’s easy enough to take in the car through the drop off line at school! But for me, I’ve got to have a smoothie with some substance, so it sticks with me, so lately I’m all about the protein smoothie.
What Can I Add to My Smoothie for Protein?
Cashews may sound like an odd ingredient for a smoothie, but they’re a really healthful ingredient to add. Cashews can help lower blood pressure, and are good for your heart, bones, and even helps with digestion. Plus, they give a little added boost of protein. Here are some other ingredients you can add to boost the protein to your smoothie:
- Almond Butter
- Chia Seeds
Of course, everyone knows bananas are good for you, right? Besides potassium, bananas have fiber, as well as several antioxidants. Even the cocoa powder has healthy benefits like calcium and potassium. So with all these good-for-you ingredients, and Simply Pure Caramel Creamer in my refrigerator, there was only one thing to do – blend them together to make an amazing smoothie!
Salted Caramel Mocha Protein Smoothie
This recipe for my Salted Caramel Mocha Protein Smoothie is better than any you’ll get at a drive-thru window! Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the brewed coffee with the creamer, protein powder, cashews, cocoa powder and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add the frozen banana and ice and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and add optional toppings if desired.
Salted Caramel Mocha Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee cooled
- 1/2 cup Simply Pure Caramel Creamer
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 frozen banana
- To make the Salted Caramel Mocha Protein Smoothie, combine the coffee, Simply Pure Caramel Creamer, protein powder, cashews, cocoa powder and salt in the blender. Pulse 3-4 times.
- Add the frozen banana and ice. Pulse, then puree until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped topping, sea salt flakes, mini chocolate chips and/or salted caramel syrup for garnish if desired. Enjoy immediately.
Protein Smoothie Variations:
- Omit the cocoa powder and use vanilla protein powder instead of chocolate. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract for a delicious vanilla cake protein smoothie. We like this sweet cream shake mix especially.
- No protein powder on hand? No problem, add a combination of pumpkin seeds and oats or almond butter and chia seeds instead.
- Swap out the banana for any of these yummy high protein fruits: guavas, avocados, kiwi, blackberries, oranges, cantaloupe, raspberries or peaches.
Find more #SilkAndSimplyPureCreamers recipe inspiration HERE.