These are delicious served with a little pat of butter or a dollop of cream cheese - but for the kiddos, they're perfect just as they are for a quick and healthy breakfast.
This easy recipe for healthy muffins is sure to become a favorite of the whole family. The recipe calls for just a few simple ingredients and is a great way to use up overripe bananas.
If you liked my Cranberry White Chocolate Muffins, you have to give these Banana Carrot Muffins a try.
- All-purpose flour or white whole-wheat flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Large eggs
- Brown sugar (light or dark)
- Vanilla extract
- Shredded carrots
- Oil (extra virgin olive oil, vegetable oil or canola oil)
This is meant to be a brief overview of the recipe for carrot banana muffins. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below.
- Preheat your oven 375°F.
- In a food processor, pulse banana and carrot first. Batter may have lumps.
- Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT flour. Pulse to combine.
- Add flour and pulse.
- Pour your batter evenly into 12 muffins (should be about ¾ full).
- Bake for 18-22 minutes.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
😋 Similar Recipes
Muffins are such a quick and easy breakfast for school mornings. They make great snacks, too! Here are some recipes for you to check out the next time you're in the mood for muffins!
If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can use apple pie spice, or the following: ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon each of ground nutmeg and ground ginger, and ¼ teaspoon each of ground cloves and ground allspice.
📋Banana and Carrot Muffins
Not ready to make these delicious banana carrot muffins yet? Don’t forget to pin the tasty recipe for later!
When you do make it, please be sure to tag me on Instagram @jugglingactmama or #jugglingactmama – I’d love to see your pictures! And finally, if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Banana and Carrot Muffins
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all purpose flour or wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana approx. three small bananas approximately
- ½ cup packed brown sugar light or dark
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 oz carrots shredded
- ⅓ cup oil extra virgin olive oil, vegetable oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoon Optional: sprinkle oats on top
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- While the oven preheats, pulse the banana and carrot together in a food processor. Your batter may have small chunks of carrot and not be entirely smooth. This is normal. (And delicious!)1 cup mashed ripe banana, 5 oz carrots
- When batter is ready add all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT flour and pulse.1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, 2¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 2 large eggs, ½ cup packed brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ⅓ cup oil
- Add the flour and pulse in the food processor until well combined.2 cups all purpose flour
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and pour the batter evenly into each well until they are about ¾ full.2 tablespoon Optional: sprinkle oats on top
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.