Good morning! I’m Melissa, from Melissa’s Cuisine, and I’m happy to be here at Juggling Act Mama today to share a new recipe for White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins with you.
It’s been a whirlwind of activity at my house for the past few weeks. My daughter had a terrible double ear infection that wasn’t responding to antibiotics, I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled, and we got hit by a massive lake effect snow storm. On top of all of that, I was still trying to keep up with work and daily life. Needless to say, things have been a little hectic around my house.
As a result, I decided to whip up a quick batch of White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins. I was in the mood to bake, and needed some comfort food, but also didn’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. I had picked up a bag of cranberries at the grocery store on a whim, so I needed to make something with them. I haven’t baked a lot with cranberries before, but knew that I liked baked goods I’ve had with them.
The sweetness of the white chocolate chips in these muffins perfectly offset the tartness of the cranberries. The muffins come together quickly, and in less than 45 minutes from when I started, I was pulling a hot pan of freshly baked muffins out of the oven. These were every bit as good as I hoped they would be! They were soft enough that I could enjoy them with a tender mouth, and Summer started pointing to them for breakfast in the morning. She ate an entire muffin by herself, so I knew they were a hit with her too!
These would make a delicious addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas morning breakfast, or a beautiful hostess gift!
White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 2. Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla until combined.
- 3. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir until just combined.
- 4. Fold in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- 5. Scoop batter into greased or paper lined muffin tins, filling each opening about 3/4 full.
- 6. Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.