Savory and delicious Instant Pot Meatloaf is a snap to make and so delicious! Juicy and tender making pressure cooker meatloaf is so quick. It’s the easiest way to enjoy this classic comfort food!
Hi guys – it’s Deb stopping by again from Bowl Me Over. Today wanted to share with you my newest, easiest recipe: Meatloaf made in the Instant Pot!
Maybe I need to back up a bit…. do you have an Instant Pot? If not and you enjoy quick and easy meals I would tell you that a pressure cooker is a MUST!
I have several great recipes on my blog for the Instant Pot like Instant Pot Corn on the Cob, an amazing recipe for Potato Soup with Ham and Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes and Gravy all cooked in the Instant Pot!
If you are new to the pressure cooker OR have one but are afraid to use it, you’re not alone! After I received a pressure I’ll admit it, I was a little nervous too!
My pressure cooker sat on the counter until I was forced to use it. My oven died on Thanksgiving Day and nearly set the house on fire… true story! Because I had no oven, I jumped in with both feet and leaned to use it. I’ve put together the best guide so you can learn all my tips and tricks for the Instant Pot – just click on the picture below.
Ok… let’s start talking Instant Pot Meatloaf! It’s going to be your new favorite way to cook meatloaf, I promise! It’s quick and easy but you get all the flavor just like you do when it bakes for 1 1/2 hours in the oven.
Half the time… all the flavor… YES!!
Grocery List for Instant Pot Meatloaf
- ground beef
- Italian sausage
- parmesan cheese
- tomato juice
- brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- yellow onion
- salt, pepper
- aluminum foil
This post contains affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Products from Amazon.com
How do you make the best meatloaf ever?
- The key to making delicious, moist and tender meatloaf is to be sure the mixture is moist before it’s cooked.
- My best tip to making a delicious meatloaf is after you mix the meat and before you begin cooking it in your Instant Pot, take a small amount – just a tiny handful and fry it. (Especially if it’s the first time you’re making a recipe!) Taste it, what do you think? Flavorful and savory? Great! But if it needs more salt, pepper or ? Now’s the time add it, not after it’s been cooked.
How many eggs do you use in meatloaf?
This recipe serves four and uses two eggs.
Steps to make Instant Pot Meatloaf
- Grate the cheese, dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix everything together. Do not over-mix.
- Form a small pan with tinfoil and shape the meatloaf into pan.
- Add two cups of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet in the bottom.
- Place the pan on top. Add the lid and seal. Set timer for 40 minutes. Quick release at the end.
- Instant Pot Meatloaf
What do you think? I know you’re going to love making pressure cooker meatloaf. Be sure to click over to my blog and grab that free resource for pressure cooking. It comes with a TON of tips, recipes, meal pairings and resources.
On the blog I serve up delicious comfort food and I’d like to invite you to be a reader! If you like this recipe, you’ll love the blog where I serve up even more quick and easy meals!
Ooh! If you do make this recipe, would you tag me please? #bowlmeover or on Instagram at @bowl_me_over so I can see your delicious eats!
Instant Pot Meatloaf
Instant Pot Meatloaf
Delicious Instant Pot Meatloaf is a snap to make and so easy! Juicy and tender making pressure cooker meatloaf is quick. It's the easiest way to enjoy this classic comfort food!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 lb. Italian sausage mild or spicy, use your favorite!
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 catsup
- 1 tbsp parsley minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp brown sugar I like a sweet sauce topping my meatloaf. If you like it not so sweet, reduce to 2 tablespoons
- heavy duty tinfoil or a small aluminum pan
Grate the cheese, dice the onion and mince the garlic, add to a large bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix together well but do not over-mix.
Form a small pan with tinfoil (or use a small aluminum pan). Fashion a pan and shape the meatloaf into pan.
Add two cups of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Place the trivet in the bottom.
Place the pan on top. Add the lid and seal. Set timer for 45 minutes. Quick release at the end.
Prepare the sauce. After the meatloaf has completed cooking in the Instant Pot, slather the top with the sauce. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes or until it's toasted. Enjoy!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #JugglingActMama so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
This recipe is SO delicious that it made our Most Popular Recipes of 2018 list!
If you love this meal, I’m going to send you over to the blog for more terrific recipes!
Bowl Me Over where she shares her love of all things in a bowl! Soups, stews, salads, Buddha bowls, ice cream you name it! Comfort food that is delicious and full of flavor. Most meals are quick and easy!
More Fabulous Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs – Juggling Act Mama
- Butternut Squash Chili – Bowl Me Over
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Dinner – Juggling Act Mama