These Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs are a great meal or addition to your game day spread! Normally ribs take forever to cook, right? Not this recipe! You’ll have them on the table in under an hour and wit so little fuss, you’ll wonder why you ever bothered with other cooking methods!
If you like Asian flavors, you’ll love our Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs! With fresh ginger, garlic and sesame flavors, these ribs have BIG flavor. The peanut dipping sauce is optional but takes it totally over the top.
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs Shopping List:
- Baby back ribs
- Sesame oil
- Fresh ginger and garlic
- Sesame sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Peanut sauce
- Liquid smoke (optional)
- Scallions (garnish)
From the Pantry: soy sauce and garlic.
This recipe takes a couple of short cuts by using bottled sesame sauce and peanut sauce. If you have a recipe you love for making your own sauces, go ahead and feel free to use those instead. Using a these sauces from the store will save you about 10 minutes, versus making your own
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
PRO TIP: IF YOU HAVE THE TIME, LET YOUR RIBS MARINATE IN THE SESAME GINGER SAUCE OVERNIGHT BEFORE COOKING FOR MAXIMUM FLAVOR!
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs Recipe
This recipe is one that you’ll want to save. Make them on the weekend, then reheat them later for a quick weeknight meal. It’s a fantastic recipe for game day, too!
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- 1 Full slab of baby back ribs
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups fresh ginger, grated
- 2 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 16 ounce bottle of sesame sauce
- 4 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 16 oz bottle of peanut sauce, for dipping
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced for garnish
- Peel membrane from the ribs and wash under cold water.
- Cut the rib slab into 3 pieces. (This will allow the ribs to fit into the Instant Pot.) Set aside.
- Grate 2 cups of ginger.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sesame oil, grated ginger, garlic, sesame seeds and soy sauce.
- Rub the mixture over the ribs thoroughly.
- Place liquid smoke (optional) and water inside Instant Pot.
- Place ribs on the rack inside the pot.
- Seal lid and set Instant Pot to MEAT setting at 35 minutes.
- Once finished, release the stem valve and once all steam is released, open the lid.
- Turn oven onto the BROIL setting. Arrange the ribs on the broil pan.
- Brush heavily with sesame sauce and broil for 5 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with scallions and additional sesame seed, if desired. Serve with peanut dipping sauce.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- Asian Garlic Noodles from Damn Delicious
- Sesame Ginger Soba Noodles from The Savory Vegan
- Garlic Sesame Rice Noodles from The Gal Cooks
More Amazing Recipes:
from left to right:
- Two Ingredient Creamy Salsa Dip
- Spicy Hot Wings
- Hot Cheddar Bacon Dip
- Sweet and Spicy Baby Back Ribs
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders
More Fabulous Instant Pot Recipes:
If you like this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice recipe, you might also enjoy our Instant Pot Korean Meatballs, or one of these great dishes below: