Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples makes for a wonderfully comforting Fall meal! It’s no fuss and so delicious, too.
When it comes to a hearty comfort meal that’s super easy, it doesn’t get much better than our recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples! In the Fall, all I want to do is eat foods that are rich in flavor and hearty… It’s just good for my soul.
A few years ago I started making this Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples recipe. It is a really delicious combination. There’s something about the sweetness of the apple that combines with the pork and it is out of this world!
- pork butt
- sweet onions
- Fuji and Granny Smith apples
From the Pantry: beef or vegetable stock
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Serving Platter
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $8.99Was: $10.00
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
We went apple picking a while ago and still have lots and lots of apples hanging around our house. So I have been throwing them into all kinds of dishes. The best apples for this are ones that won’t turn mealy or mushy in the slow cooker. I used crisp Fuji and Granny Smith because the combination is a little sweet and a little tart.
Here are some other varieties of apples that would work well in this recipe:
- Pink Lady
Well, when I put my pork butt into my slow cooker to cook I decided to cut up some apples and throw them in as well. Then I thought, why not grab some onions, too? Then I decided maybe I should pour some broth in there as well. Just to be sure that everything comes out nice and juicy. And it did!
Tips for Making Slow Cooker Pork Roast and Apples
- Use crisp apples for the best texture (see our list of suggestions above).
- Don’t overcook the recipe or the apples will all turn to must. 6 hours on low is plenty long enough.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast and Apples
You are definitely going to want to try this. It is super, easy and you probably have most of the ingredients in your home so you don’t have to buy anything special for this! ENJOY!
Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples
- 4-5 pounds pork butt
- 5 Fuji and Granny Smith apples cored and sliced
- 2 sweet onions diced
- 1 cup beef or vegetable broth
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Layer the apples and onions on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with the pork butt and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over rice or potatoes and ENJOY!
We recommend that you make this Slow Cooker Pork Roast and Apples recipe once just as it is since we’ve tested it and sometimes variations can go awry. Making this slow cooker meal as we have tested it will yield the best results. Here are some ideas for variations if you chose to be creative (we’ve not yet tested these):
- Add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary, which pairs nicely with both pork and apples.
- Try this recipe using turkey tenderloin instead of pork and add a little poultry seasoning.
- Include a pinch of cinnamon to really add more of the warm Fall spice flavor.
- Add in some Baby Red or Yukon Gold potatoes for an all-in-one meal.
Pork Roast and Apples in the Oven
You can make this dish in the oven, too. Here’s how:
- Use a Dutch oven instead of a slow cooker.
- Layer the apples and onions on the bottom of the dish and top with the pork butt.
- Bake at 400-degrees F for 55-65 minutes until the pork is golden brown and the apples are tender.
Love using your slow cooker?
I do, too! Try one of these yummy recipes:
From left to right:
- Easy Slow Cooker Honey Chicken – Juggling Act Mama
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders + Asian Slaw – Juggling Act Mama
- Quick Slow Cooker Lasagna – Juggling Act Mama
Here are some other slow cooker recipes from other blogs you might also enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork from Dinner Then Dessert with citrus, garlic, oregano and cumin, this flavorful takes almost no prep time.
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup from Bowl Me Over is a rich and creamy slow cooker soup using butternut squash, tart apples.
Sign Up to Get the Latest Juggling Act Mama Recipes:
Get my recipes delivered to your email, plus get my free mini cookbook with my top 5 weeknight meals. Sign up now.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon