Lip-Smackin’ Apple Smoothie Recipe
An Apple Pie Smoothie is just the thing to start off your Fall morning. This is a delicious and healthy after-school snack, too! Thank you to Stonyfield and Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring today’s post. #ad
Fall is my favorite season for so many reasons… the kids go back to school, the weather starts to cool off, my birthday is in October, and the leaves start to turn beautiful colors.
Here in New England, this is apple-picking season. Last weekend, Mr. Juggling Act and I took the kids to pick apples. Ethan is all about finding THE most PERFECT apple, while Olivia wants to eat each one she picks. We quickly filled our 1 peck bag with Spencers and Cortlands while we talked about what to make. Olivia wanted to make apple pie – immediately. Mumma just didn’t have the energy to make pies Sunday afternoon, so for breakfast Monday morning, Olivia enjoyed this tasty Apple Pie Smoothie instead.
Apple Smoothie Shopping List
For a scrumptious apple smoothie that tastes like an apple pie, just get the following ingredients!
- Almond Milk
- Apple Pie Spice Mix
- Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Sugar
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats
What Makes This Apple Smoothie Taste Like Apple Pie?
It’s got all the flavors you expect from a classic pie thanks to my homemade apple pie spice mix, and the steel cut oats make this a hearty smoothie. Oh, and I just love the creaminess the vanilla yogurt adds. This is a must-make recipe for Fall!
What’s In Homemade Apple Pie Spice Mix?
I’m glad you asked! I created the BEST homemade apple pie spice mix. You can put this in pancakes, waffles, and smoothies or smoothie bowls.
Click the photo below for the complete recipe, or go read the homemade apple pie spice mix recipe.
Spices in Apple Pie Spice Mix:
This Apple Pie Smoothie is a delicious combination of apple pie flavors, all wrapped up into a nutritious smoothie!
Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe
You are definitely going to want to make this all year round, not just in the fall! It tastes like a homemade apple pie, without all the added sugars!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large apple
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice mix
- 1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Sugar
- 1 6oz carton Stonyfield Grassfed Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats
- In a blender combine all of the ingredients and process until smooth. Serve immediately – garnish with steel cut oats and cinnamon, if desired.
- Optional Variation: Add 5 ice cubes to the mixture for a frozen smoothie.
Best Apples for Apple Smoothies
There are so many apples available, how do you know which one tastes better in smoothies? The best apples for smoothies are ones that will break down the best in a blender. Fuji apples are fantastic for this. Red delicious apples have higher levels of antioxidants.
If you want to go with a tart apple and add in extra sugar, go with the classic Granny Smith apples.
Fruit Additions to Apple Smoothies
If you want to make a few changes, here are some different fruits you can add to your apple smoothie. Let me know which is your favorite!
- (Not a fruit) Peanut butter – yum!
Want more APPLE recipes?
Left To Right:
More Easy Apple Recipes
Here are some easy apple recipes from my favorite bloggers!
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread – The Pinning Mama – This looks way too good to eat! But its’s so shareable, it breaks apart in gooey goodness.
- Apple Peanut Butter Nachos – Made To Be a Momma – Yup, they really look like nachos, but way healthier!
- Apple Pie Muffins – Venture1105 – These yummy muffins only take 20 minutes to make and they look as delicious as apple pie!