As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Making Healthy Popsicles at home is as easy as whipping up a tasty tropical fruit smoothie!
Thank you to Barlean’s for sponsoring today’s recipe. As always, all opinions are my own. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy. #ad #Barleans #popsicleparty
When Barlean’s sent me a box of goodies for a #PopcicleParty, I knew that the recipe had to include strawberries! My daughter Olivia loves to eat them frozen right out of the freezer in the summertime, and I let her because they’re good for her, and, well, it’s hot. Another thing I let her eat whenever are healthy popcicles – even for breakfast! That’s because these popcicles are made with fruit, juice, and some healthy not-so-secret ingredients from Barlean’s.
Healthy Popsicles Start with Healthy Ingredients
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
I love using Barlean’s products because I know that they are amazing quality and have some many great health benefits for me and my family. The Omega Swirls and Greens are the two products we use the most. We make smoothies daily, and I have experimented with a lot of different products. I always come back to Barlean’s because their products provide amazing nutrition with an unbelievably delicious taste.
Using Barlean’s Passion Pineapple Omega Swirl Fish Oil adds a little extra health benefit. These Omega Swirls are a great way to get more Omega 3’s into your diet, especially for picky eaters!
Best of all, they taste seriously yummy! The creamy Omega Swirls are non-GMO, gluten free, sugar free with no artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners, but they are truly delicious. There 14 varieties to choose from. If you want to stick with a tropical flavor for your healthy popcicles, I’d recommend the Passion Pineapple that we used here, or one of these:
If you love the Pineapple Passion Omega Swirl, check out our Pineapple Cranberry Smoothie recipe!
Barlean’s makes four varieties of powdered greens:
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B002VLZ89E’ text=’Organic Berry Greens’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’c80715a4-93d3-11e8-aed8-19c19b127644′]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B0075005M6′ text=’Superfruit Strawberry Kiwi’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d1e0724e-93d3-11e8-9538-af6bb3d21716′] (used in this recipe for healthy popcicles)
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B0075005AI’ text=’Chocolate Silk Greens’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d7300127-93d3-11e8-8a6d-6bbaf4f2ec7b’]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B0009ET4KE’ text=’Organic Greens Natural Flavor’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’e728715e-93d3-11e8-939e-bb36d7bc915a’]
All of these are non-GMO, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free and completely vegan.
You can add a scoop to water or juice, but our favorite way it to add it to a smoothie mixture.
Healthy Popsicles Shopping List
- Pineapple Juice
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B0075005M6′ text=’Barleans Superfruit Greens’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’af90e985-919e-11e8-8f52-ad0d450f29d4′]
- Fresh Strawberries
- Barlean’s Passion Pineapple Fish Oil
Items You May Also Need:
- Popsicle Mold
I used the [amazon_textlink asin=’B00CDL33Q2′ text=’Zokus Classic Pops Mold’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’bf52af68-919d-11e8-a1db-6da9c8e97077′] to make my pops. It makes six 3.2 ounce pops. For younger kids, you might like to use the [amazon_textlink asin=’B00CDL3538′ text=’Zoku Mini Pop Molds’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’87c56e53-93d5-11e8-98c5-11661ee8bff6′], which are about 0.6 ounces. They also make some really cute themed ones that would be fun for parties.
[amazon_link asins=’B0009ET4KE,B00CDL33Q2,B0075005M6,B01ET76V2K,B003PRMACQ,B00I3JWXZA’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’61c03776-919d-11e8-b48e-b58f9ce9afbe’]
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
PRO TIP: For best results, be sure to let the pops freeze for the full six hours
We recommend that you make this Healthy Popsicles recipe once just as it is since we’ve tested it and sometimes variations can go awry. Making these healthy popcicles as we have tested them will yield the best results. Here are some ideas for variations if you chose to be creative:
Please note, we have not yet tested these variations.
- Instead of pineapple juice, try orange juice with the strawberries.
- Swap out the strawberries for other fruits like raspberries, peaches or mangoes.
- Try one of the other Barlean’s Omega Swirl flavors like Keylime or Strawberry Banana
More Great Healthy Popsicles Recipes:
If you love making homemade ice pops for your family, you might like to try one of these other tasty recipes:
from left to right:
[amazon_link asins=’B002VLZ8C6,B0081PTLGU,B00CDL3538,B003PRMACQ,B0075005M6,B007R9TSSW’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’jugactmam-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’8b63bffc-93d4-11e8-b929-050c54d5ae4d’]
Tropical Fruit Smoothie Ice Pops
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Barlean's Superfruit Greens Strawberry Kiwi
- 2 tablespoons Barlean's Passion Pineapple Fish Oil
- 3 large strawberies, sliced thin
- In the blender, combine the pineapple juice, strawberries, Barlean's Superfruit Greens Strawberry Kiwi powder and Barlean's Passion Pineapple Fish Oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Drop a couple of slices of fresh strawberries into each popcicle mold.
- Pour the smoothie mixture evenly into the popcicle mold, taking care not to overfill.
- Fit the handles into the molds tightly.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours, or overnight until the pops are solid.
- Enjoy for dessert or a snack - or even breakfast!