Winter salads are a hearty and healthy option when the temperatures are low, but you're craving something fresh - try this Spinach Apple Cranberry Salad!
With the cold temperatures we've had the last few days, I'm sure fresh salads aren't on many minds - but stick with me here. A good winter salad can be just as homey and hearty as any soup or stew and this is a great one. This apple, cranberry, walnut, and goat cheese spinach salad is the perfect mix of savory and sweet and puts plenty of seasonal fruits and nuts to work so that means it's inexpensive too!
The crunch of the apples and walnuts, combined with the sweetness of the cranberry and the creamy, savory goat cheese make for the perfect bite. It looks fancy (and it's actually pretty impressive looking at a brunch) but it's easy to throw together as a starter or as a quick lunch.
For another healthy Fall/Winter salad recipe, try my Roasted Beet Salad with Orange and Mint.
Spinach Apple Cranberry Salad
Apple, Cranberry, Walnut, and Goat Cheese Spinach Salad
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Red Apple
- 1 Green Apple
- ⅓ cup Dried Cranberries
- ½ cup Walnuts
- ⅓ cup Goat Cheese
- Dash Cayenne Pepper
- Dash Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1¼ cup Apple Juice
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1. Wash baby spinach and sit on paper towel to dry.
- 2. Wash apples. Dry with towel. Cut each apple into 4 sections, cutting as close to the core as possible. Slice each section into long, thin strips. Set aside.
- 3. Chop dried cranberries into halves and thirds. Set aside.
- 4. Chop walnuts into various size chunks. Set aside.
- 5. Slice goat cheese into small chunks. Set aside.
- 6. Combine extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, and honey. Hand whisk for 20 seconds or use a blender (such as the NutriBullet) for approximately 3 seconds. Set dressing aside.
- 7. Now that baby spinach has dried, toss with a dash of cayenne pepper and sea salt.
- 8. Plate baby spinach.
- 9. Add apples, cranberries, walnuts, goat cheese, and dressing to baby spinach. Toss and serve! (Optional: add another dash of cayenne pepper and sea salt as desired.)
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
Doesn't this Spinach Apple Cranberry Salad look delicious? This has to be one of my favorite salads. If you're trying to eat better in 2016 this is a must try. If you do, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!