This refreshing Pineapple Cocktail is perfect for lounging in your backyard this summer!
Make my fruity summertime Pineapple Cocktail with coconut rum, pineapple rum, pineapple juice, strawberry and mango purees and sparkling water served over ice.
Something about summer time just calls out for a cold fruity cocktail or a great glass of sangria. Whether it is over ice, or blended, when I am going to have a cocktail, it has to be three things:
✔ light and refreshing
✔ fruity and sweet, but not sugary
✔ not taste too much like alcohol
Yes, as Mr. Juggling Act likes to point out, I'm a bit of a "lightweight." I havve never been into drinks that taste like straight alcohol, but I love pineapple juice cocktails. This fabulous drink is no exception! There is no added sugar in this drink, but all the sweetness needed comes from the pineapple juices, along with the strawberry and mango purees. This pineapple and rum concoction is as beautiful as it is tasty.
Pineapple Cocktail Shopping List:
You may already have everything on hand to make these yummy cocktails. Here's what you will need:
- Strawberry Puree
- Mango Puree
- Pineapple Juice
- Pineapple Rum
- Coconut Rum
- Sparkling Water
I use this Hamilton Beach Blender model in my home. We make smoothies almost every day so it really gets a lot of use. This blender also works great for blended drinks and even has a setting to crush ice. Possibly my favorite feature though is that it is dishwasher safe. (I hate to do dishes!) For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Fruity Summertime Pineapple Cocktail
Our cocktail recipe uses strawberry and mango purees for a deliciously intense fruity flavor. You can sometimes find these in the freezer section of your grocery store, but they are very simple to make at home.
Of course, you can purchase cocktail mixers in a variety of flavors such as strawberry, peach or mango. However, I find that these have a lot of sugar and can sometimes taste artificial. Besides, if I include real fruit in my cocktail, then it has to be "healthy," right? Ok, maybe that's a stretch!
How Do You Make Fruit Purees?
Add fresh or frozen fruit with a splash of juice or water to a food processor and process until smooth. (Add a little more liquid if the for frozen fruit to get going in the blender.) Measure out 2 ounces of the strawberry and 2 ounces of the mango. Leftover puree can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week and is delicious in smoothies as well as cocktails. (Check out some of my awesome smoothie recipes.)
For this recipe, you'll need ½ cup of hulled strawberries and 1 cup of chopped mango.
Pineapple Cocktail Variations:
It is super easy to customize these drinks to suit your tastes. After you've made one batch, maybe you would like to try mixing it up a bit with different flavors. Here are some of my suggestions:
- Substitute the mango or strawberry purees. Other great fruits to try include guava or passion fruit puree.
- Make this a blended drink: omit the sparkling water and double the pineapple juice. Blend the juice, purees, and the rum with the ice.
- Use orange juice instead of the pineapple juice for a cocktail with more of a citrus flair.
- Instead of coconut rum, try other flavors that compliment pineapple like orange, mango or passion fruit.
Instead of using ice cubes made of water, freeze pineapple juice (or other varieties) and use them to keep drinks cold without watering them down. Check out some of these fun ice cube molds that are especially festive for tropical summer drinks!
If you like this cocktail, I think you will also love my Mermaid Drink!
Fruity Pineapple Cocktail
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 oz Strawberry Puree
- 4 oz Mango Puree
- 4 oz Pineapple Juice
- 4 oz Pineapple Rum
- 4 oz Coconut Rum
- Sparkling Water
- Pour ½ oz of Strawberry Puree into 4 glasses.
- Fill a large shaker with ice and add the mango puree, pineapple juice, pineapple rum and coconut rum.
- Shake well and pour slowly over the Strawberry Puree.
- Top with a little of the Sparkling Water to fill the glass.
- Garnish with a chunk of pineapple, strawberry, or fun tropical umbrella.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
Sounds pretty simple, right? It really is, and so, so yummy, too. Don't gulp these babies though, because they can go down real easy! I mean, I'm just saying...
If you liked this Pineapple Cocktail recipe, you might also like...
From left to right:
- Tropical Rum Punch Cocktail
- Virgin Pina Colada Smoothie (just add a splash of coconut rum!)
- Berry White Wine Spritzer
More Great Recipes from Awesome Bloggers:
If you love fruity cocktails, you may like to try one of these recipes from some of my favorite blogs…
- Spicy Mango Citrus Cocktail - Tasting Page - a delicious mango, orange, lime and mint cocktail with tequila and sparkling water.
- Cake by the Ocean Cocktail - The Kitchen is My Playground - a creative cocktail with cake flavored vodka, coconut rum, pineapple and orange juices.
- Lava Flow Cocktail - Recipe Girl - a yummy rum cocktail with strawberries, pineapple and coconut milk.