Looking for a fabulous fall meal? Make my turkey breast recipe for sheet pan dinner!
Craving Thanksgiving dinner? This Turkey Breast Recipe for a delicious Sheet Pan Dinner is a fun twist on the classic, without the fuss!
Are you tired of turkey dinners? I hope not! If you’re like me, you usually equate “turkey dinner” with a lot of work, but that’s the beauty of this Turkey Sheet Pan Dinner. Since this is cooked in parts (not the whole bird!) and on only one pan with all of the fixins’ you’re in and out of the kitchen quickly. The best part? Only one pan to wash! (You know I love my sheet pan dinners.)
Plus, I think it is the best leftover turkey recipe you can find! It’s an easy dish to put together, but it’s also fancy enough to serve for a dinner party or a special dinner with your significant other – just put everything on a platter like I have in these photos and it makes a beautiful presentation. People will be so impressed and only you will know how easy it really was!
How long do you cook a turkey per pound?
The beauty of this turkey breast recipe is that you don’t have to worry about how long to cook it since you aren’t cooking the whole bird! But if you want to cook a whole turkey and use the leftovers, the general rule is roughly 15 minutes per pound of bird. This is from the USDA guidelines.
Turkey Breast Recipe Shopping List:
Here is what you’ll need:
- 10-12 pound Turkey
- 3 large parsnips
- 1 bunch of carrots
- 5-6 Brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup whole cranberries
- 5-6 Potatoes
- Seasoning Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Serving Platter
- Extra large cutting board
- Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil
I use this Rimmed Baking Sheet because it is durable and the rim means I don’t have to worry about anything spilling in my oven (I hate cleaning m y oven!) Use parchment paper or aluminum foil to make clean up ever easier for this meal.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $24.50Was: $29.99
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Turkey Breast Recipe for a Sheet Pan Dinner
How to Make Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner in the Oven
Cooking a turkey sheet pan dinner in the oven is a cinch! Just follow these steps (the entire printable recipe is below):
- Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey and rinse off the entire bird.
- Joint out the turkey, cutting out the legs, thighs, and wings.
- Cut out both breasts.
- Marinate overnight
- Bake in the oven, on the sheet pan, for about an hour.
It’s so simple! Now for the complete recipe below!
Turkey Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 Turkey approx. 10 - 12 lbs.
- 3 Parsnips large
- 1 bunch Carrots
- 5 – 6 Brussels Sprouts
- ½ C Cranberries whole
- 5 – 6 Potatoes medium
- 1 – 2 tsp Seasoning salt
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Wash and pat dry thawed turkey. (Remember to remove neck and small package of liver/giblet/heart that’s inside the cavity)
- With a sharp knife, carefully joint out the turkey, freeing up both legs, thighs and wings.
- With the breast bone, cut down the center of the breast and around the bottom to free up both sides of the breast. Leave skin on if you wish.
- Laying all pieces out on a board, season with listed spices and herbs on both sides of the turkey pieces.
- Package up turkey pieces and let season/marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay out turkey pieces so that there is plenty of room for air to circulate. (You may need 2 sheet pans to do this). Set aside.
- Peel and cut your parsnips, carrots and potatoes.
- Halve the Brussels sprouts.
- Gather them all in a bowl and drizzle 2 Tbsp. of olive oil on them. Mix them up to distribute the oil, and season with salt, pepper.
- Arrange them around the turkey pieces along with the cranberries.
- Bake in the oven for approximately an hour or until a thermometer reads 175 – 178 degrees. Remove from oven and tent with tin foil for 10 minutes to allow further cooking.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe, I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @jugglingactmama, using the hashtag #jugglingactmama
Change It Up! Turkey Dinner Ideas:
This recipe is so easy to make your own. Try some of these variations to make a new dinner with the leftovers:
- Turkey Fried Rice – just take the leftover turkey, some rice, and chop up the leftover veggies and make a delicious new dinner
- Sweet Potatoes – instead of white potatoes, use sweet potatoes for a new flavor experience
- Mashed Potatoes & Turkey Gravy – instead of baked potato wedges, mash up some potatoes. Use drippings from the turkey and make a gravy. YUM!
If you liked my Turkey Sheet Pan Dinner, you might also like:
From Left To Right:
Try one of these other sheet pan dinner recipes from some of my favorite blogs…
- Pork Chop & Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe – Diethood – These turn out incredibly flavorful!
- Sheet Pan Salmon & Asparagus – Salt and Lavender – There is something so perfect about fish and asparagus and this recipe is so easy!
- Sheet Pan BBQ Meatballs with Sweet Potatoes – The Lean Green Bean – Shake up your nightly dinner with some tangy BBQ!