Craving Thanksgiving dinner? This Turkey Breast Recipe for a delicious Sheet Pan Dinner is a fun twist on the classic, without the fuss!
For super moist turkey meat, try my Simple Turkey Brine recipe.
If you're like me, you usually equate "turkey dinner" with a lot of work, but that's the beauty of this Turkey Sheet Pan Dinner. Since this is cooked in parts (not the whole bird!) and on only one pan with all of the fixins' you're in and out of the kitchen quickly. The best part? Only one pan to wash! (You know I love my sheet pan dinners.)
Plus, I think it is the best leftover turkey recipe you can find! It's an easy dish to put together, but it's also fancy enough to serve for a dinner party or a special dinner with your significant other - just put everything on a platter like I have in these photos and it makes a beautiful presentation. People will be so impressed and only you will know how easy it really was!
Here is what you'll need:
- brussel sprouts
- whole cranberries
- seasoning salt
- fresh rosemary
- garlic powder
- olive oil
This is meant to be a brief overview of this sheet pan meal. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
Cooking a turkey sheet pan dinner in the oven is a cinch! Just follow these steps (the entire printable recipe is below):
- Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey and rinse off the entire bird.
- Joint out the turkey, cutting out the legs, thighs, and wings.
- Cut out both breasts.
- Marinate overnight
- Bake in the oven, on the sheet pan, for about an hour.
How long do you cook a turkey per pound?
The beauty of this turkey breast recipe is that you don't have to worry about how long to cook it since you aren't cooking the whole bird! But if you want to cook a whole turkey and use the leftovers, the general rule is roughly 15 minutes per pound of bird. This is from the USDA guidelines.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make this delicious recipe:
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
I use this Rimmed Baking Sheet because it is durable and the rim means I don't have to worry about anything spilling in my oven (I hate cleaning my oven!)
Use parchment paper or aluminum foil to make clean up even easier for this meal.
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
- Sweet Potatoes - instead of white potatoes, use sweet potatoes for a new flavor experience, or serve with a side of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Mashed Potatoes & Turkey Gravy - instead of baked potato wedges, make our white cheddar mashed potatoes or red skinned mashed potatoes. Use drippings from the turkey and make a gravy. YUM!
How to Use Leftovers
This recipe is so easy to make your own. Try some of these ideas to make a new dinner with the leftovers:
- Turkey Fried Rice - just take the leftover turkey, some rice, and chop up the leftover veggies and make a delicious new dinner
- Thanksgiving Sandwich - there's nothing basic about this sandwich that uses leftover turkey. It's a twist on a classic.
- Turkey Pot Pie - this is a great way to use up both leftover turkey and veggies.
- Turkey Chili - you'll love this easy chili recipe, and so will your family!
😋 Similar Recipes
Next time, try one of these tasty recipes:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries - this is the best Thanksgiving side dish
- Cinnamon Butternut Squash - this would a delicious alternative to potatoes
- Oven Roasted Acorn Squash - a scrumptious combination of sweet and savory
- Easy Sheet Pan Dinners - a round up full of easy sheet pan meals you will love.
From Left To Right:
- Chicken & Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
- Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Mediterranean Chicken Thighs Sheet Pan Dinner
Turkey Sheet Pan Dinner
It's so simple! Now for the complete recipe below!
Turkey Sheet Pan Dinner
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 Turkey approx. 10 - 12 lbs.
- 3 large Parsnips large
- 3 large Carrots
- 1 cup Brussels Sprouts
- ½ cup Cranberries whole
- 6 medium Potatoes medium
- 1½ teaspoon Seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary Or 3-4 stalks of fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
Butchering the Turkey
- Wash and pat dry thawed turkey. (Remember to remove neck and small package of liver/giblet/heart that’s inside the cavity)1 Turkey
- With a sharp knife, carefully joint out the turkey, freeing up both legs, thighs and wings.
- With the breast bone, cut down the center of the breast and around the bottom to free up both sides of the breast. Leave skin on if you wish.
- Laying all pieces out on a board, season with spices and herbs on both sides of the turkey pieces.1 teaspoon Rosemary, 1 teaspoon Garlic powder, 1½ teaspoon Seasoning salt
- Package up turkey pieces and let season/marinate for 2 hours or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
Sheet Pan Meal
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay out turkey pieces so that there is plenty of room for air to circulate. (You may need 2 sheet pans to do this). Set aside.
- Peel and cut your parsnips, carrots and potatoes.3 large Parsnips, 3 large Carrots, 6 medium Potatoes
- Halve the Brussels sprouts.1 cup Brussels Sprouts
- Gather them all in a bowl and drizzle 2 Tbsp. of olive oil on them. Mix them up to distribute the oil, and season with salt, pepper.1½ teaspoon Seasoning salt
- Arrange them around the turkey pieces along with the cranberries.1 Turkey, ½ cup Cranberries
- Bake in the oven for approximately an hour or until a thermometer reads 175 – 178 degrees.
- Remove from oven and tent with tin foil for 10 minutes to allow further cooking.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
Want to add this sheet pan recipe to your meal plan? Download our free printable meal plan here.
Be sure to check out all our meal plan ideas here.